Home General Discussion

Know anything about these Cubans?

I walked into the office this morning and our VP handed me a box of 25 Cubans. From what I can tell they are from 1999, but I know nothing of them. I know the San Cristobal name, and I really enjoy some of their cigars, but I am looking for more info on these. Got anything? http://s3.postimg.org/l7tq3m0wz/10410972_10155192686540085_6250124370928838162_n.jpg image image url upload

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite's! Love the SC's. The box code on bottom tells the factory and date. What size are those?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Those petite coronas? If so 1999 is original release of those. Fire one up!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Very established brand, see them all the time at the shop. Provided that they were kept in proper conditions the whole time, sounds like a fantastic score!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, nice score. Smoke those things.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He should probably send out the box to somebody to verify its authenticity and smoke a few :) Very nice score man!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are outstanding, congrats what a haul!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Buy that man a drink OSR... And enjoy those gems.
    PS, good to see you around again Old Soul ;) Stay a while and hang out with us, miss ya!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Thanks, all! They were completely dry, so I am starting the process of rehabilitating them, but it's good to know it'll be worth the effort. Only 1 or 2 were damaged, the rest are pristine. The box was still sealed. Also, sorry I have been MIA for a while. Life sped up so much that I hardly have time for cigars like I used to. I got engaged, got promoted, bought a car, and started working towards my own brand of American Dream. Maybe we can do another black spot trade (that was so much fun!).
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not without trying one...:)
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I smoked one last weekend! Im super jealous! Tasty tasty cigars
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
    oldsoulrevival:
    Thanks, all! They were completely dry, so I am starting the process of rehabilitating them, but it's good to know it'll be worth the effort. Only 1 or 2 were damaged, the rest are pristine. The box was still sealed. Also, sorry I have been MIA for a while. Life sped up so much that I hardly have time for cigars like I used to. I got engaged, got promoted, bought a car, and started working towards my own brand of American Dream. Maybe we can do another black spot trade (that was so much fun!).
    Cingrats man that is amazing really really is terrific to hear about the engagement, promotion and all the rest! Got lots to celebrate and hope you stick around a bit longer now :)
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep.. They are terrible. Send them to me and I'll dispose of them properly! Lol
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice hope they haven't been dry to long.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    that brand is one of my go-to CCs.
    Rhamlin:
    Nice hope they haven't been dry to long.
    Are they unsave-able if they've been dry for a long time?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    they may not be the same.
    that doesnt mean they wont be good.
    i have had a few that were dry for 6+ months that recovered nicely. they were good but not like they where before mishandling.
    Noted. I'll lower my expectations slightly and cross my fingers.