Home Ratings & Reviews

The Football Cigar Review Video

image This stick, about 4 1/2? long and 60 or so around in the widest section, proved to be a novelty item. I didn’t know what to expect from it, simply because it was obviously a novelty cigar. On one had it might just be produced for fun and appearances, on the other – it is just a regular cigar with an odd shape and strips of darker leaf here and there. Unfortunately the construction proved to be very poor, with a weird burn at times, and offering little or no smoke until you got well over 1? in to it. Flavors were very, very mild to mild, with just extremely bitter grass tastes and a bitter lingering finish. At the 1/2 way point the whole stick turned to soggy mush and got hot at which point I punted it. This $30 stick is good for appearances only. http://cigarobsession.com/2009/09/24/the-football-cigar-review/

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    nice looking cigar though.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    kaelaria:
    At the 1/2 way point the whole stick turned to soggy mush and got hot at which point I punted it.
    Haha, ZING!
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Flag on the play, personal foul; tasted like s h * *. 15 yard penalty repeat first down
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    kaelaria:
    At the 1/2 way point the whole stick turned to soggy mush and got hot at which point I punted it.
    Haha, ZING!
    AAAAAAAAAGGGHHH! (Charlie Brown)
  • Hey friends of exotic tabaco

Well i got one of those beauties from a friend in oakland and i disagree on;
    1. Price; My friend said the are selling for 19.95$ not like 30$ (even less without the box). But you are right in some ways. It is not a cheap cigar indeed and exaggeration makes it illustrative (for small brains if thats your target group as a "real cigar reviewsionary" - otherwise i cannot explain the smart entries you provoked. Intended?)
    2. The football cigar i smoked did not get soggy at all. I say to all puff it! Its not a lollipop man!
    3. The bitter taste: I did not get at all. Did you eat something wired before hand ? Mexican food makes me sick.

I can confirm;
    a) The cigar burnes not as even as a normal cigar and it died on me once too
    b) It is indeed of very mild mild taste, but when i think of these football guys > they might not smoke very often or at all, so it only makes sense; you don't want to sell a strong one to a starter ;-) hey and
    c) it looooks awesome!

Another additional comment after whatching the video twice; You started your video really good but further downstream you looked more like a lost anchorman looking for a new headline rather than a real cigar reviewer. And did you smoke one of these cigars before? It seems a little tooo "set" to start with, as you would know the outcome already, but that may just be me.

Long ashes ...

• kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Maybe the price has since changed - my info came from the owner and the price on his site. Glad your sample was somewhat better. The owner has since said he would send new samples for another test, he said mine were not stored properly on his end. No I don't eat anything before reviews, no I had not had one before. I won't comment on your insults, they aren't needed whatsoever.
    Wow - really? Nice first post.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Wow - really? Nice first post.
    Maybe it's the return of our nemesis...ol Johnny Walker....LOL

"Long ashes my friends."

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    rainbrain:

Hey friends of exotic tabaco

Well i got one of those beauties from a friend in oakland and i disagree on;
    1. Price; My friend said the are selling for 19.95$ not like 30$ (even less without the box). But you are right in some ways. It is not a cheap cigar indeed and exaggeration makes it illustrative (for small brains if thats your target group as a "real cigar reviewsionary" - otherwise i cannot explain the smart entries you provoked. Intended?)
    2. The football cigar i smoked did not get soggy at all. I say to all puff it! Its not a lollipop man!
    3. The bitter taste: I did not get at all. Did you eat something wired before hand ? Mexican food makes me sick.

I can confirm;
    a) The cigar burnes not as even as a normal cigar and it died on me once too
    b) It is indeed of very mild mild taste, but when i think of these football guys > they might not smoke very often or at all, so it only makes sense; you don't want to sell a strong one to a starter ;-) hey and
    c) it looooks awesome!

Another additional comment after whatching the video twice; You started your video really good but further downstream you looked more like a lost anchorman looking for a new headline rather than a real cigar reviewer. And did you smoke one of these cigars before? It seems a little tooo "set" to start with, as you would know the outcome already, but that may just be me.

Long ashes ...

There is definetly no need for insults here. If you are a fellow BOTL this would already be clear. Like all things in life, we all have different tastes.
  • Hey JZ

I totally agree with what you say; but this is what this was all about. He is swining the sword of critique and forgets it may turn into a boomerang if not used wisely. I think he was overdoing some of it and forgets diplomacy. Furthermore he could have simply ad that there might have been a problem with the shipping of the cigar. We would have never known that if i wouldnt comment in that way. Which is to sad for the producer, i would not send another cigar for review under these circumstances. What info he got from the producer i dont know.

And if the shoe fits he may wear it. All he said about taste shall be correct. But the way he frases it he knows what its means and it is received like that: "Flag on the play, personal foul; tasted like s h * *. 15 yard penalty repeat first down ". Did you smoke one to be in the position to write about its taste ??? So repeat first down!  ;-) Anyhow - Technically i agreed with him on several points . So the question remains: what is actually the insult to the review ? When what you write is no insult ...

cheers

• ^ what are you talking about????///
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    ROTF - wow...well, he's at least good for entertainment, if nothing else ;)
    nickgonzo:
    ^ what are you talking about????///
    +1 I am so confused...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Have you guys ever entered text from another language into one of those translation websites? The result is kinda like that post, you can get an idea but it really reads like english as a second language.

Just to be clear though, I'm not picking on anyone who might not be a native speaker, just pointing out something I noticed.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    It sorta does joe, but he is using a lot of cliches like "swinging the sword of critique...it becomes a boomerang" "if the shoe fits.." which makes me tend to believe that it isn't someone using a translating website. I think we might be dealing with good ole fashioned internet speech. Or drunk post.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    j0z3r:
    Have you guys ever entered text from another language into one of those translation websites? The result is kinda like that post, you can get an idea but it really reads like english as a second language.

Just to be clear though, I'm not picking on anyone who might not be a native speaker, just pointing out something I noticed.
    No! No! I am to be offended! My feeling is that of hurt, and sadness:( You must to think of everyone else when you am think of post next time!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Garen B:
    It sorta does joe, but he is using a lot of cliches like "swinging the sword of critique...it becomes a boomerang" "if the shoe fits.." which makes me tend to believe that it isn't someone using a translating website. I think we might be dealing with good ole fashioned internet speech. Or drunk post.
    I didn't think he was using a translation website, just using that as a comparison. I think our guy is more special than that. :)

brink: Har Har Har
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    rainbrain:

Hey JZ

I totally agree with what you say; but this is what this was all about. He is swining the sword of critique and forgets it may turn into a boomerang if not used wisely. I think he was overdoing some of it and forgets diplomacy. Furthermore he could have simply ad that there might have been a problem with the shipping of the cigar. We would have never known that if i wouldnt comment in that way. Which is to sad for the producer, i would not send another cigar for review under these circumstances. What info he got from the producer i dont know.

And if the shoe fits he may wear it. All he said about taste shall be correct. But the way he frases it he knows what its means and it is received like that: "Flag on the play, personal foul; tasted like s h * *. 15 yard penalty repeat first down ". Did you smoke one to be in the position to write about its taste ??? So repeat first down!  ;-) Anyhow - Technically i agreed with him on several points . So the question remains: what is actually the insult to the review ? When what you write is no insult ...

cheers

The problem is that this guy is basically telling everyone else, "How dare you speak your opinion!! Unless of course, it's in favor of this cigar." Sounds like someone is personally vested into this cigar in one way or another.