Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel Vintage 99 Connecticut

Thoughts on these? I dont do the milds too much anymore, but a lot of my guests tend to prefer the light side. But a lot of the word i get is that these are the best in the game, when it comes to mild. I wouldve bought some already to sample but i dislike that they're rare enough that neither ccom or the sister site ever has a daily for them.

Comments

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Ask Hugemoose about them - I think he liked them a lot. He loves the RP Connecticut and this is supposed to be kind of the souped up version so... :)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I definately think they are better than the RP Connecticut, but as far as best mild there is, I dunno. I prefer the Gurkha Symphony, Oliva Connecticut, and 5 Vegas Gold to the 1999. The RP Signature is a better stick too, but it is more on the medium side.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Yes they are very, very good for a mild cigar. I had one side by side as my friend had one of my RP connecticuts.....the difference was very noticeable.

Almost makes me wish I had more of them and less of the regular ones!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of mild cigars, but these have a lot of flavor for a Connie wrapper. They are a LOT better than the regular RP Connie and IMO they are better than the 5 Vegas Gold. For my money though, if I'm going to smoke something with a connir wrapper it will be the Cabaiguan!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    In the toro size, they are my favorite mild connecticut.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Really enjoyed one last week
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I havent had the 99 connecticutt, but the RYJ Reserva Real is the creamiest of all the ones Ive tried.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The 99 is probably one of the best mild smokes I've had. You won't be disappointed.

"Long ashes my friends."

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I just found out I have one of these, so I'll be trying it in the next couple days or so.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Let us know what you think
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Just wanted to followup that i did come across one of these a few days ago and gave it a spin. I dont typically do milds, but, this one was pretty darn good. Unfortunately i was smoking it outside and i was taking too long, by the final third, the elements had had their effect, and it started to get pretty rough. I would line them up against the gurk symphony pretty fairly.