Home Cigar 101

naked cigars

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
Some of the cigars that I buy come naked with no cello. I like cello because it protects the wappers from damage when I'm looking for a certain cigar that is deep in my humidor and cello makes them easier to mark with the date recieved. I have started saving cello from cigars that I have smoked for use on new smokes that come naked. So far I haven't noticed any change of flavor but I haven't reused a cello that is discolored. Am I messing with the flavor?

Comments

• FNAFNA Posts: 55
    No.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    FNA:
    No.
    Thanks for that in-depth answer. I would imagine not, as long as you are not using cello from an infused cigar you should be ok.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I store em the way they arrive cello or naked, I just have to remember to be careful when digging. I do keep some cello around for shipping stuff out although if you stuff enough into the bag they won't move around ;)
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    I have a few naked ones I have put in a extra cello, but for the most part I put the naked ones in a zip lock back leave em open inside my coolerdor and no problems :) never had any fksvor issues with the ones I put in a different cello tho.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    FNA:
    No.
    Thanks for that in-depth answer.
    thats exactly what i would have said....
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    as long as you are not using cello from an infused cigar you should be ok.
    i would have forgotten to add that. its a good point.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never noticed anything but I've wondered if a good yellowed cello might impart something to a stick.