Home Cigar 101
Options

humi care pillows

I don't have a humidor yet i have the bag my cigars come in & every time my order comes in i leave the pillow in the bag so now i have 3 pillows in the bag with 15 cigars. I need to know if that is bad for the cigars. Will it put to much moisture in the bag & if so will it hurt the cigars I'm a newby so i don't know much yet HELP ME PLEASE Thank you

Comments

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Brian, I would probably take out 2 of the pillows, these are not a two-way humidifier and it is possible that it could raise the RH to high. if you have a B&M store around you can pick up a Boveda pack 65 or 69 would be good. One large pack in a gallon size Ziploc bag will last 2-3 months. you can also use a Tupperware container until you get a humi and get it seasoned.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. If all in one bag, you probably only need one pillow at most.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off topic a little, but has anyone noticed little pebble-like objects in the humicare pillows if you don't use them and let them dry out?

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    Off topic a little, but has anyone noticed little pebble-like objects in the humicare pillows if you don't use them and let them dry out?

Yep. I usually just throw them out when that happens. They don't seem to charge very well when they get to that point.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    Welcome to the forum Brian, I would probably take out 2 of the pillows, these are not a two-way humidifier and it is possible that it could raise the RH to high. if you have a B&M store around you can pick up a Boveda pack 65 or 69 would be good. One large pack in a gallon size Ziploc bag will last 2-3 months. you can also use a Tupperware container until you get a humi and get it seasoned.
    #1 do your homework when picking a humidor. The really cheap ones are cheap for a reason. Also keep in mind they don't hold as many as advertised. a 50 count only holds around 30. So if you think you only need a fifty count get a 100 count. They fill up faster then you think.