Home Non Cigar Related

Unique Cocktails

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, went out for an early Valentine's dinner last night and had a couple really tasty cocktails. I know many of you enjoy these kinds of things, so I thought I'd share what we had last night. Feel free to contribute any unique recipes you come across in the future :) First up, I had what amounted to a rum old fashioned. This was my favorite of the night. Blackstrap: Zaya 12 Year Old Rum, Turbinado Sugar, Molasses Bitters, Root Beer Bitters, Orange Zest Followed it up with something that was Manhattan-y. Judge: Elijah Craig Bourbon, Famous Grouse Blended Scotch, Carpano Antica Vermouth, Punt e Mes Vermouth, Cocchi Americano Blanc, House Lemon Bitters, Angostura Bitters, Peychaud Bitters Carrie also got into the cocktail action with this guy. Ghost Orchid: Two James 28 Island Vodka, Vieux Carre Absinthe, House Lavender Syrup, Chamomile Bitters, Francois Montand Champagne
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those sound great. I've been wanting to try a Manhattan but with a little smokey scotch added. Cool!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    The Blackstrap is a classic cocktail, but the Judge sounds a bit over-fancified for me; I presume you enjoyed it, though? One of my favorites, and one you don't see very much anymore, was introduced to me as an excellent lunch cocktail: the Sidecar.

Ingredients
    3/4 ounce Cointreau
    3/4 ounce lemon juice
    1 1/2 ounces cognac
    cocktail glass

Instructions:
    Shake well with cracked ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass that has had its outside rim rubbed with lemon juice and dipped in sugar.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sounds great, gonna have to remember those as something to try when Im out. Just not gonna stock the bar with obscure items. Keep it kinda simple, vermouth, triple sec, bitters, Cointreau is a good one but don't have any, Brandy and Gin are also good to have on hand. I do have Benedictine & Absinthe, though uncommon, for me anyway..
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    These guys are fun to watch but they get a little talky after awhile https://www.youtube.com/user/everydaydrinkers
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Not that into mixes. Open bottle, insert straw. Lol
    One God, One Truth