Home Cigar 101

Cigar tongue bite issue

I have started to smoke name brand cigarillos when I don't have time for a full size cigar. Why do they feel so harsh on the tongue? They have great flavor but leave a bite on the tongue. Do I need to add a filter tip?

Comments

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Most likely a couple of reasons. Cheaper/Harsher tobaccos, a much smaller ring cigar/cigarillo will burn hotter if you're not careful how you smoke it. It's probably getting too hot. Try smoking it slower.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm sure heat is a big contributor. Take the smaller rg's a lot slower. Also, smaller rg gives more concentrated delivery of smoke on the tongue.

and welcome to the forum!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Yep, definitely a heat thing - I regularly keep a tin of Montecristo cigarillos for when I don´t have time or availability for a longer smoke. Keep it on an even, light draw, not like a cigarette; I´m a slower smoker, and a cigarillo will usually last me around 15min (no bite).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Sounds like I need to slow it down a bit.
  • Thanks for the info, appreciate it.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Out of habit you are probably smoking this small gauge cigar as you would a larger gauge. Causing the smoke to be too hot and harsh. Take smaller and slower puffs.