Home Ratings & Reviews

cao issues

wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
I love cao Brazilia. Its what got me into hand rolled. But lately I've had issues. Some are very green...some are tight...some are nearly perfect. Anyone else notice? I had some vrs in yellow cello that were incredible. Are those just old? Ive wasted 3 now cause draw alone. Just hurts too much.
I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
"I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Let them age!! Cao rott is pretty horrible IMO. Not sure what it is besides general **** up another brand but yeah all cao's need a nice nap
    Money can't buy taste
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I kinda figured that would be the case lol. Had to ask though.
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, just let 'em rest a while and maybe consider setting up a "dry box" (a humi with very little or no humidification, depending on outdoor conditions) to help isolate problem smokes.
    I have a half-full xikar gel puck in my "dry box" this time of year and it stays around 61-63 which is too dry imo for some smokes, but perfect for certain other sticks.

I always have problems with AB Prensado, 5 Vegas gold, MF La Antiguadad etc. . .so I put them in my smaller, purposefully dryer humi and they smoke like a dream when I reach for them.

Seems like some sticks (like those with thicker maduro wrappers) just like lower humidity better.

And I do love a nice, well rested CAO Black, but CAO as a company in general is very inconsistent in construction in my experience. #drawmachine?
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
    I actually left one out over night to let it dry up to see if that fixed it but it still couldnt draw. Tried a poker..nope. tsall good. Ill just get what I lnow is good from now on and give em another chance down the road.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had draw issues with CAO also. i t happened in the high humidity of the summer. i tried a dry box first then a poker but couldn't loosen up the draw. Had to pitch almost half of what i bought. I like the taste when they burn true but no more CAO's for me.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not happy to hear that You have problems with your Brazilias. I've had draw problems with just one type of CAO. I did a box split of Soprano Soldiers and all seem to be rolled too tight. My Brazilias have all been OK so far but I have well rested them all. I happen to be smoking one right now that's about a year old :) It's doing great.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My draw problems were only with the Lx2.
    Ive had issue with the brazilia, black and the gold. Ring size doesnt seem to matter.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    wahooschock:
    I love cao Brazilia. Its what got me into hand rolled. But lately I've had issues. Some are very green...some are tight...some are nearly perfect. Anyone else notice? I had some vrs in yellow cello that were incredible. Are those just old? Ive wasted 3 now cause draw alone. Just hurts too much.
    Sorry to say this, but I'm not surprised considering who bought CAO...

"Long ashes my friends."

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    I've had draw issues with CAO also. i t happened in the high humidity of the summer. i tried a dry box first then a poker but couldn't loosen up the draw. Had to pitch almost half of what i bought. I like the taste when they burn true but no more CAO's for me.
    IMO and meager experience dry boxing or leaving out overnight won't help and can make thing worse, only the wrapper dries out then the burn is really off, I keep most of my humis at 65-67 and I think this is too high for some sticks (most have been mentioned) The ones I have found to be a problem get pulled out about a month before I plan to smoke em and brought down to around 60 and allowed to acclimate. I think 60 or lower is too low for storage but fine for smoking some of these (problem) sticks.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    wahooschock:
    My thoughts also. I must say, though, that the Extreme Ismoked the other night, fairly young, was ver good. But it had been at about 63% for amonth.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    I agree with this.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Smoking my first Cao right now (camshaft 554) and it's fantastic! Not sure one stick is enough to judge any company by, but this one is greatness :) It's absolutely rock solid and tastes great
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have a CAO Mx3 in my humi that I have been aging for about 5 years now. I hope it is as good as everyone says it is.

"Long ashes my friends."

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i agree on the brazillas being green lately. I always keep them in my humidor, but the newest ones i bought (3 months ago) are still not ready to smoke. I grabbed one about 2 weeks after getting them and it was like puffing a mouthfull of ammonia. tried one this week and it was better, but still there.