Home Cigar 101

what do you think

ok guys im kinda new to cigars iv allways loved the taste.. A year ago i quit smoking cigerettes and now I love to puff on a cigar every once and a while... my first one was the best tasting thing i ever smoked but cost $15.00 for one it was worth every dollar dont remember the brand but i want to know is there a great tasting cigar thats not so expensive... iv been smoking garcia vegas but they dont do the job...? thaks

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    $15.00 you say...
    you can get some good smokes for $15...ish.
    here is a short list of some sticks that they may have been:
    gurkha class regent
    Rocky Patel vintage 92 or 90
    la Aurora Cien Anos
    La Aurora Preferidos
    Arturo Fuente OpusX
    Arturo Feuente Don Carlos
    Pueblo Dominicano
    Ashton Cabinet
    Ashton VSG
    Avo
    Padron 1964

any of those ring a bell?
    if you are smokin G&V because of the price im sure we can set you up with some middle ground. we want you to be happy with your cigar adventures.
  • sgvilliansgvillian Posts: 12
    no im not part of any group or gang and i dont kill anything but fish... thanks for the reply
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    HAHA! I think that's the first time I've seen someone reply to your signature kuzi.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    sgvillian:
    ok guys im kinda new to cigars iv allways loved the taste.. A year ago i quit smoking cigerettes and now I love to puff on a cigar every once and a while... my first one was the best tasting thing i ever smoked but cost $15.00 for one it was worth every dollar dont remember the brand but i want to know is there a great tasting cigar thats not so expensive... iv been smoking garcia vegas but they dont do the job...? thaks
    I have found so many cigars that are great for well under that 15.00 price you paid, so don't use dollars as a benchmark of a good cigar.. One being 5 Vegas, Classic. There is a line called Graycliff that has a lot of cigars around 15.00 bucks too as well as Davidoff and Dunhill. Oh yeah quit the Garcia Vegas they will not get any better no matter how many you try..Can you describe the color ( yellowish tan, brown, dark brown, gold, black, green ? ) that way we can get a starting point on wrappers that you liked. shape or size.
    i believe it was dark brown,blackish
    j0z3r:
    HAHA! I think that's the first time I've seen someone reply to your signature kuzi.
    i was thinkin about switching it up for election season... iduno. well see.
    sgvillian:
    Hey it sounds like a Maduro to me.. We better call out the authority are there any Maduro fans out there ?? What's the best Maduro out there ( Get ready for some great suggestions )
    kaspera79:
    sgvillian:
    Hey it sounds like a Maduro to me.. We better call out the authority are there any Maduro fans out there ?? What's the best Maduro out there ( Get ready for some great suggestions )
    best maduros... hmmm CAO brazilia is good and so is the Mx2. but best... one of my favorites right now is the Partagas black. A new favorite is the Liga Pravada no. 9. I seem unable to talk about maduro without mentioning Onyx Reserve.

i havent had one but the Preferido in the maduro (saphire?) looks tasty.
    More suggestions for the favorite Maduro would be 5 Vegas "A" I really like the Graycliff 1666 and the Onyx Reserve Maduro.. Try everything, you are bound to find a new favorite..oh yeah tha CAO MX2 is very tasty.. I can't say for certain that any of these are the mystery cigar, but they may help you forget about it for a while, and are miles ahead of those G.V.'s you have been choking on.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    You want the Onyx Reserve. You won't spend much at all and you'll get one of the best smokes you've ever had in your life. I think I'll have one tomorrow. It's been almost 10 years.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I've had a few Onyx and one of my smoke buddies uses it as his standard that he compares all other cigars against. It wasn't a bad cigar.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I really need to crack out an Onyx. The first one I tried was badly plugged so I've just left the others alone to rest. Might have one tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion guys :).
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Seeings how I am THE maduro fan :). Neh just kidding, all of the above are great suggestions. But if you're looking for the right price 5 Vegas Serie 'A' or A. Fuente Maduro or A. Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Maduro. Closer to the $4-6 range there.
    hey i wanna thank all of you for your help im puffing on an onyx reserve right now..now I know what you mean these are great...thank you all
    thats why we are here.