Home Ratings & Reviews

My new favorite!

Well, as I go thru my "stocking up" phase thru the winter where I buy cigars I've not had & fill the humidor, I've found a new favorite! a few weeks ago while the weather was tolerable (I am ready for SPRING) I decided to try Esteban Carreras Covenant. At the shop there were several Esteban's but I chose the Covenant. Didn't know what to expect from this smoke but I was pleased! From start to finish it is a smooth stick, rich with coco / coffee flavor, but not over powering the cigar tobacco flavoring. It did not have an artificial flavoring like other coffee flavored smokes I've had, just a very satisfying stick. Good smoke production & perfect draw....
So now my humi has several Estaban Covenants, a 12 year, a 10 Anos and a 187. Haven't found the Chupacabra yet, but when I do I'll give it a new home!

Comments

• Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I've had the 10 Anos and enjoyed it very much. I'll see if my B&M has the Covenant.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poopy Jones:
    I've had the 10 Anos and enjoyed it very much. I'll see if my B&M has the Covenant.

These two and the 5150 are the best of the line up IMO.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Hoag2531:
    Well, as I go thru my "stocking up" phase thru the winter where I buy cigars I've not had & fill the humidor, I've found a new favorite! a few weeks ago while the weather was tolerable (I am ready for SPRING) I decided to try Esteban Carreras Covenant. At the shop there were several Esteban's but I chose the Covenant. Didn't know what to expect from this smoke but I was pleased! From start to finish it is a smooth stick, rich with coco / coffee flavor, but not over powering the cigar tobacco flavoring. It did not have an artificial flavoring like other coffee flavored smokes I've had, just a very satisfying stick. Good smoke production & perfect draw.... So now my humi has several Estaban Covenants, a 12 year, a 10 Anos and a 187. Haven't found the Chupacabra yet, but when I do I'll give it a new home!
    You had me at "rich coco / coffee." Putting these on the list. If you haven't already, check out the Oliva Serie V Melanio, Aging Room Quattro and Alec Bradley Prensado. They have some of the same chocolatey notes.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    Poopy Jones:

That's funny that they have a 5150. When I lived in California that was the section of the penal code that dealt with involuntary psychiatric hold/ mentally unstable people, danger to themselves or others. Wonder if it's any realation. I will have to try this one out. Sounds fun!!
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    letsgowithbob:
    onestrangeone:
    Poopy Jones:

That's funny that they have a 5150. When I lived in California that was the section of the penal code that dealt with involuntary psychiatric hold/ mentally unstable people, danger to themselves or others. Wonder if it's any realation. I will have to try this one out. Sounds fun!!
    You got it, I think most of there blend names have a double meaning. At least they have a sense of humor!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 10 Anos from EC is a terrific cigar, if you haven't had that you really need to.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."