Home General Discussion

CigarFest Hotels

Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is it par for the course that you can't even get through to the resort to make a reservation? Been trying since 10am. Finally got through and when forwarded to booking, got voicemail. Not sure if they just get slammed right when they open it up for reservations or if something else is going on.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    I know a lot of folks book their reservations a year in advance, I know in most cases they get fully booked.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I got through to the Best Western in Blakeslee at about 25 after 10:00 this morning. Maybe I'll just use my brain this year and book a room for next year on my way out.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got through around 1:00 at the Split Rock Resort. Then they of course want you to book 2 nights. The website said that you could make reservations starting today at 10am, I wonder what they do if you book a year ahead. This is a lot like it used to be trying to get a room in Richmond for the NASCAR race weekends! Had to book 3 nights, book by phone, and book a year out.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20:
    I finally got through around 1:00 at the Split Rock Resort. Then they of course want you to book 2 nights. The website said that you could make reservations starting today at 10am, I wonder what they do if you book a year ahead. This is a lot like it used to be trying to get a room in Richmond for the NASCAR race weekends! Had to book 3 nights, book by phone, and book a year out.
    Do you attend the Richmond races each year? I am about 15min (with no race traffic) from the track.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Edna20:
    Do you attend the Richmond races each year? I am about 15min (with no race traffic) from the track.

I haven't been in a couple of years, but we are planning on going again in September!! Do you go? They are a lot of fun even if you are not a NASCAR fan. The tailgating and people watching is worth the trip. And the fact that they let you bring your own booze in helps too!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Edna20:

I haven't been in a couple of years, but we are planning on going again in September!! Do you go? They are a lot of fun even if you are not a NASCAR fan. The tailgating and people watching is worth the trip. And the fact that they let you bring your own booze in helps too!!
    Ive been to a few races but it's been a few years. Tailgating and people watching is the best by far!! I think I will be out of town for the first Richmond race but I may go in September..still too early to tell.