Home General Discussion

puff.com

what happened to the puff.com website on cigar ratings

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Huh?
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure asking what happened to a website about cigars on another cigar website will be the most fruitful endeavor for you. That's kinda like owning a Chevy and calling Ford asking for help. Maybe you will get lucky but kinda a silly place to go for support. Wish you the best of luck but not sure this is the right place to ask that question.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    I heard the guy that ran it fell ill not sure if it's true or not
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    glenn peters:
    The guy that ran it died. His family didn't want to deal with the website so it folded. No longer exists, no way to resurrect it.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well sounds like I was the one in the wrong since several members did know, my apologies and condolences to the mans family.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    glenn peters:
    Sad what happened, but glad you found cigar.com, Glenn. Hope you stay and have some fun!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    glenn peters:
    Cool domain name... Has a nice ring to it. :^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    just went over to puff.com and its up and running....
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I went yesterday and it had not been updated since like July 2014.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Well sounds like I was the one in the wrong.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it looks like the family generated just enough money to get it back online only to sell it.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Yeah, it looks like the family generated just enough money to get it back online only to sell it.
    And Glenn just generated a bunch of new traffic....
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Uh yep. You sir have hit the proverbial nail on the head!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone over there is jumping ship and almost all new post are in reference to that and slamming the site over there. It is kind of entertaining in a weird way. Sad the guy died though.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    I found that place when I came back on here last year and was looking for Wineador info. Seemed like some cool people but this is home ya know.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29