Home Cigar 101

Yet another cooler question

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
Saw a cooler at a discount store today. Coleman 48 qt. But it was damaged.

cooler photo IMG_20150228_152803141_zpszvasnpqx.jpg

The lining on the inside is also buckled and pushed up, but not quite as much as this. I noticed no cracks. Question is, do you think it will affect its being used for cigar storage? It'll be about $16, so I'm tempted to try it. Not sure if anyone has any experience with damaged coolers, though. Didn't want to waste the money if it won't work.
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I would say, as long as no cracks, you should be fine
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you'd be good to go. Might as well save a couple bucks and spend it on filling it up.
    Funny how coolers are twice as much in the winter. I paid $15 on sale last summer and bought the same one a couple weeks ago for 30-something.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Should be good. I say go for it!
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    If you do buy it throw some water in it and see if it leaks
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Should be fine but why buy a banged up product.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought it. The cheapest I've seen this is around $25, and I got it for $15. I saved the few bucks and will now spend it on Kitty Litter and boxes from the BNM. Cooler Club, here I come.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    You'll be amazed at how much easier it is to keep a cooler in perfect order. You may need some weather stripping to help the lid seal but that's about it. Congrats and welcome!
    bigharpoon:
    You'll be amazed at how much easier it is to keep a cooler in perfect order. You may need some weather stripping to help the lid seal but that's about it. Congrats and welcome!
    Seal seems great. Gives a nice "whoosh" when it closes and I have to almost pry it open.

Holding just a tad high at 73-74%, so I decided to throw the stash in and see if the leaving it open while I load combined with some sticks will bring it down.

madness photo IMG_20150306_142047546_HDR_zpswtdglznw.jpg

All but one of those boxes is empty, and only one of the empties is one I actually smoked through. Might need to find a more accessible way to reach some in one of the containers on bottom. I'm considering punching some vent holes in the ziploc/tupperware type containers so I can use the lids and stack them.

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    bigharpoon:
    Seal seems great. Gives a nice "whoosh" when it closes and I have to almost pry it open.

Holding just a tad high at 73-74%, so I decided to throw the stash in and see if the leaving it open while I load combined with some sticks will bring it down.

madness photo IMG_20150306_142047546_HDR_zpswtdglznw.jpg

All but one of those boxes is empty, and only one of the empties is one I actually smoked through. Might need to find a more accessible way to reach some in one of the containers on bottom. I'm considering punching some vent holes in the ziploc/tupperware type containers so I can use the lids and stack them.
    Looking good sir. Yeah you could drill holes in the covers and the bottoms to help air transfer.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Wha?

• jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Very nice and if I had AC in my APT I'd have gone the Cooler route but loving my Wineador. As already said too you'll love how easy it is to maintain everything.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29