Home Ratings & Reviews

thinking of getting an Evanston Dome Humidor humidor

mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
Has anyone tried anEvanston Dome Humidor? I am thinking about getting one. How's its quality? Can anyone gives some ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks good, but I haven't used one. My main thought is to realize it won't hold 250 cigars.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    peter4jc:
    It looks good, but I haven't used one. My main thought is to realize it won't hold 250 cigars.
    Wow, i do know that most of the time they hold up to75% of what they claim to.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    mmkuchi:
    peter4jc:
    I'm sure he's just trying to help.
    Rain:
    mmkuchi:
    peter4jc:
    I'm sure he's just trying to help.
    Oh, sorry. I didnt mean anything offensive. I meant that i agreed with him, cuz a lot of times they only hold up to 75% if what they claimed. I didnt expect it to hold really like 250.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know, if I was just starting to buy humidors I would probably get one knowing full well I would still need another one in the future. Of course another "go-to" humidor for daily use so I would not have to keep opening the Dome and therefore keep adjusting the humidity.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I had one for several years, actually - it was my first ¨big boy¨ humidor after moving up from the CCOM 20ct sampler pack. Bought it as an imperfect from a popular site, though I never could find the so-called ¨imperfection.¨I sold it when I left the States and, while I made a BIG profit on it, I wish I hadn´t - it´s a fantastic humidor, and I never got around to filling it all the way up (but at one point, I counted and had 189 cigars in it with room to spare). It´s as solid as it looks, and quite big - mine honestly stayed in a hall closet on a shelf, as I didn´t have anywhere in the living room big enough to display it on. Kept humidity excellently, though I did keep 4 bead tubos in it (two on the bottom, two on the trays, one on each side). Altogether, highly recommended!

jd50ae:
    Of course another "go-to" humidor for daily use so I would not have to keep opening the Dome and therefore keep adjusting the humidity.

Also, this - I kept a smaller 50ct humidor on my bar as my go-to humidor.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    I had one for several years, actually - it was my first ¨big boy¨ humidor after moving up from the CCOM 20ct sampler pack. Bought it as an imperfect from a popular site, though I never could find the so-called ¨imperfection.¨I sold it when I left the States and, while I made a BIG profit on it, I wish I hadn´t - it´s a fantastic humidor, and I never got around to filling it all the way up (but at one point, I counted and had 189 cigars in it with room to spare). It´s as solid as it looks, and quite big - mine honestly stayed in a hall closet on a shelf, as I didn´t have anywhere in the living room big enough to display it on. Kept humidity excellently, though I did keep 4 bead tubos in it (two on the bottom, two on the trays, one on each side). Altogether, highly recommended!

jd50ae:
    Of course another "go-to" humidor for daily use so I would not have to keep opening the Dome and therefore keep adjusting the humidity.

Also, this - I kept a smaller 50ct humidor on my bar as my go-to humidor.
    Thanks! It really helps!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    mmkuchi:
    Has anyone tried anEvanston Dome Humidor? I am thinking about getting one. How's its quality? Can anyone gives some ideas? Thanks!

Like this one? Stuffed with some goodies, and they're right, it doesn't hold 250. But a great humi.