Home Non Cigar Related

What an evening

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
Momma surprised me a few weeks ago with tickets to see Garth Brooks, we went last night. What a fantastic show! I have always loved is music, and what a humanitarian he is.

Back in 1988 my soon to be wife and me had tickets given to us to see a show at the local fair, a dude named Garth Brooks. I asked my wife, "who the h3ll is this Garth?" Long story short, we ended up not going, and I have regretted it ever sense.

Now I can finely say I have been, and would go again.

GO if you get the chance........

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome man! I had a good night too, worked a 25 hour shift and transported people who accused me of kidnapping them haha
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Nothin better than enjoyin a good concert!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SM0K3Y:
    Or a good kidnapping!
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    SM0K3Y:
    Or a good kidnapping!

What he said....
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    That's awesome man! I had a good night too, worked a 25 hour shift and transported people who accused me of kidnapping them haha
    Ohhhh, do tell.........................
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Not much to tell, sadly. Got to see the good and the bad. People so thankful that you feel awkward and people that don't want to get transported but for one reason or another (power of attorney, altered mental status, etc) have to be transported. Love the paramedic I was working with, he really showed me how to do it."Where are ya'll taking me?!""The hospital ma'am.""Why?""So you can get help ma'am."I wish you guys would stop taking my clothes."We're not taking them ma'am.""Where are we going?""The hospital ma'am.""Why?""So you can get help ma'am.""I think you're kidnapping me.""We're not, sweetheart."
  • UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Momma surprised me a few weeks ago with tickets to see Garth Brooks, we went last night. What a fantastic show! I have always loved is music, and what a humanitarian he is.

Back in 1988 my soon to be wife and me had tickets given to us to see a show at the local fair, a dude named Garth Brooks. I asked my wife, "who the h3ll is this Garth?" Long story short, we ended up not going, and I have regretted it ever sense.

Glad you liked the concert! I went to an Imagination Movers concert today. Sigh. My kids loved it though.
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    I have seen him live once and it was a great concert. I love some Garth brooks. Man glad you had fun!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an amazing time, so glad you finally got to see Garth my brother!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you had a great time, should stay with you for sometime too, ah the memories.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a big country fan but Garth Brooks was just in Buffalo a few weeks back ...... He initially sold out two shows for Friday night in under 10 minutes so they added a show Thursday night, two shows Saturday night, and one additional show on Sunday ..... Everyone that I know that saw it said it was phenomenal....... He also spent some time with the Buffalo Bills head people owners and coaches and a few players held a kids camp .... He also went to school at Oklahoma State with Thurman Thomas so they're buddies ..... Also I've heard that assuming there are no conflicts with his schedule that he will perform at the Bills home opener. All of the attendances for the arena shows were close to 20 thousand people ..... I may not like his music but I respect an artist who's a standup human.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:

FYI Congrats on 2500 posts ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."