Home General Discussion

I will pay for a wood project.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have 2 Cinco Vegas Humidors. I would like them turned into 1. 1 on top of the other. It would take removing the bottom from 1 and the top of the 2nd 1. Then (I assume gluing) putting them together so it would end up being 1 large humidor.

If anyone is interested in this monumental undertaking please PM me.

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man,.......... You cray!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Man,.......... You cray!

Yes....Yes I am....but I am Taking pills for it.
    Sound's like you want to turn the two of them into a Havana footlocker. My first thought is that it would be pretty simple. But, as with all my DIY projects, nothing ends up being simple as originally concieved. If you're OK with using elmer's glue, (I don't know if elmer's is compatible with humidors.) you could take the lid off #1 and the thin bottom off #2 and create a joinery system to put #2 on top of #1. Glue it and clamp it. then use some sort of decorative trim to hide the seam between the two halves. Then, if you wanted, you could use the leftover lid as a wall hanging art.

I'm not applying to do this job. I'm just thinking out-loud. Maybe later in the summer I could think about trying it but not now.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd PM First Warrior.
    Sounds like something he could knock out pretty easily.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    JD, did you get someone for this? Can you post a picture of the humidor?
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear based on the title this was going to be regarding locating **** or some **** like that....
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    90+ Irishman:
    I swear based on the title this was going to be regarding locating **** or some **** like that....
    Har dee har har. Wood.
    90+ Irishman:

I swear I expected this kind of reply from Bob Luken.
    benhanks:
    JD, did you get someone for this? Can you post a picture of the humidor?

JD, it looks like it would cut through the picture on the bottom humidor. Would this be okay? You would have to cut below the lock on the bottom one (unless you want a lock in the middle of the humidor). Thoughts?

Also, Irish, thanks for keepin' it classy around here :)
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    benhanks:
    JD, it looks like it would cut through the picture on the bottom humidor. Would this be okay? You would have to cut below the lock on the bottom one (unless you want a lock in the middle of the humidor). Thoughts?

What about possibly enlarging that hole and making it a spot to stick a Hygro?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    avengethis:
    benhanks:

What about possibly enlarging that hole and making it a spot to stick a Hygro?

That is a good idea. JD, thoughts?
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    benhanks:
    You're welcome, I do what I can ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    I imagine the finished product looking like this, with all brass intact. But I like the idea of a hole for a DIGITAL Hygrometer.

The more I look at the two together the more cutting problems I see, but I am not a wood worker.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a thought on how to do it but I do not have the skills to pull it off.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they were my humidors, I would remove the lid from one and make that the bottom. Then, I'd zing the bottom off the other on my table saw, to make that the new top. Assuming they were both made to the same specs, they should glue together with not much of a seam showing. I'd be more comfortable having a go at it if they were mine, but would be happy to make the mods for the OP. PM if I can be of any assistance.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis