Home Non Cigar Related

All bird house makers...

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
...please input.

What do you guys use for sealing both the inside and outside of cigar box nesting boxes? And what size hole is best?

I have put aside about 10 boxes and it is time for me to build a bird condo. The box BigShizz sent me is to be the resident managers office.

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5" hole about 21/2" below the top and use sealant that's clear.. That's what I do... The hole depends on what birds are in the area.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here ya go, JD. There's a chart of sizes on this page;

Click Here

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    ...please input.

What do you guys use for sealing both the inside and outside of cigar box nesting boxes? And what size hole is best?

I have put aside about 10 boxes and it is time for me to build a bird condo. The box BigShizz sent me is to be the resident managers office.
    how many of those 5 goldbrick boxesdo you have?
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    jd50ae:
    ...please input.

how many of those 5 goldbrick boxesdo you have?

OH I got a few....
    Bigshizza:
    1.5" hole about 21/2" below the top and use sealant that's clear.. That's what I do... The hole depends on what birds are in the area.

Thank You.
    jlmarta:
    Here ya go, JD. There's a chart of sizes on this page;

Click Here

Thank You.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    The nice thing about building bird houses is it is okay to use cheep materials.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:

Booo. Hiss. That's terrible..... ??
    jlmarta:
    Chemnitz:

Booo. Hiss. That's terrible..... ??

Got to move up my eye exam....missed it the first time. But your right.......Booo....hiss....terrible...and did he really say that?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget to make one birdhouse look like a church with a steeple,........ for the birds of prey.
    Bob Luken:
    Don't forget to make one birdhouse look like a church with a steeple,........ for the birds of prey.

Please stop.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD, I make my birdhouses with a leanto that shelters the cigar box. Holes are also bored for ventilation. image This design keeps the weather out. image