Home General Discussion

Where to buy cigar matches

mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
Anyone knows where I can buy some cigar matches that I can carry on air plane. I don't understand why CCOM doesn't sell any matches; though I know Cigar International sells it, they are out of stock currently. And I need it in the coming early April....

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    your local super market (maybe even gas station or hardware store) should carry them.
    they will most likely be up front near the checkout where the lighters (and cigarettes) are kept.

make sure you buy the *strike-on-box* variety.

*strike anywhere are not allowed on planes*

this is the kind i buy:

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    mmkuchi:
    Anyone knows where I can buy some cigar matches that I can carry on air plane. I don't understand why CCOM doesn't sell any matches; though I know Cigar International sells it, they are out of stock currently. And I need it in the coming early April....
    PM your addy and I've got boxes of them around here I'll send you.
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    mmkuchi:
    PM your addy and I've got boxes of them around here I'll send you.
    Thank you very much!!
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Any supermarket would have them....
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    You could always go with cedar spills and some matches.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I actually prefer fireplace matches, but I'm a long-slow-toast kind of guy. Sometimes I take more than one to light a cigar, even. I do use cigar matches; I usually get them from a shop or events at a shop. Picked up some Drew Estate matches for free at an event a couple of weeks back. They are superior to the ones one of my shops carries which break too easily. That's why I started using the fireplace matches. They're stronger.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Davidoff makes cedar matches. They are awesome! Nice and thick and smell great.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    If your looking for just any matches then your local super goods store like Walmart etc. If you want custom ones look up thejoyoflight
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    mmkuchi:
    I commented recently that C.Com used to send matches with every order. Little silver boxes that I had many of. (I still may have a couple in my truck.) A reply came that, due to government restrictions, matches can not be sent through the mail. Probably why CI is "out of stock" too.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    This should get you through your trip.
    9405 5036 9930 0022 8139 60
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    mmkuchi:
    I commented recently that C.Com used to send matches with every order. Little silver boxes that I had many of. (I still may have a couple in my truck.) A reply came that, due to government restrictions, matches can not be sent through the mail. Probably why CI is "out of stock" too.
    Yeah, sometime in the last year or so places had to stop sending matches... lame. I use the diamond brand that Jgib posted. Great for pipes and cigars, they are a little thicker than those in the silver ccom boxes And have a pretty slow burn. Lots of guys use long "kitchen" matches too.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh also any soft flame (I think) is ok... I don't remember if it's carry on or luggage or whatever, but I thought that plain ol BIC'so we're ok. I'd throw in some of those or a DJeep...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America