Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho Preembargo

Pretty good stick, but definitely overpriced. Cigar was smooth and primarily nutty. However, it burned pretty fast (finished in just under an hour). It was in my humidor for 10 weeks. I definitely wouldn't pay the full $25 for it. I got it when it was available in CCOM's custom sampler. Although I enjoyed it, I enjoyed a lot of the CCOM House blends more than this.

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I caught a 5 pack of these on here, I think for $35 and I think they're worth the money if you can catch them under $10 a piece.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    At $10 or less, this is an awesome cigar. At $25 forget about it, there are better cigars to be had for that price and less.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Under and hour? Wow - I had one two months ago and it took over two hours. One of my favorites still.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    TatuajeVI:
    Under and hour? Wow - I had one two months ago and it took over two hours. One of my favorites still.

Really? Were you smoking really slow? I was smoking at a puff a minute and I only got 55 mins out of it or so.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've never had this one go under an hour fifteen myself.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Hm...strange. For me, most robustos last longer than the Preembargo did.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Maybe the one you had was a little loose. I don't remember any of the ones that I had taking less than an hour and 15 either... and as others have said, it's a GREAT stick for under 10, but definitely overpriced at the MSRP. Very smooth, love it.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    MAJORdorMo:
    TatuajeVI:
    Really? Were you smoking really slow? I was smoking at a puff a minute and I only got 55 mins out of it or so.
    I've had three of the original five I purchased a year ago or so. All of them were slow burning (and ridiculously delicious) and took 1.5-2 hours. I do smoke slow, but maybe you just got a loose one? I'll have another sometime this winter and we'll see if I'm not totally of my rocker, lol.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    the preembargo is like the 62...except with more depth, and a more nuanced flavor. I enjoy the 62, but my main gripe is that it goes too fast and the flavor profile falls a little flat after a while. The preembargo basically fixes my complaints about the 62, making it usually worth it for anything less than 10 per.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Vidarien:
    the preembargo is like the 62...except with more depth, and a more nuanced flavor. I enjoy the 62, but my main gripe is that it goes too fast and the flavor profile falls a little flat after a while. The preembargo basically fixes my complaints about the 62, making it usually worth it for anything less than 10 per.

I completely agree, and would like to add that every single 1962 i've smoked has had a looser draw than any other cigar i've had. It would be a much better cigar if it didn't have the loose draw, I think it would concentrate the heat and smoke so the flavors could blend a little better.

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I wasn't thrilled when I had a few of these. I personally like the Corojo ltd. a lot more, and they are similar in flavor.