Home General Discussion

April 1st price increase

youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
I have been reading on halfwheel that Rocky Patel, Perdomo, and Padron all plan on increasing prices by about $0.30 per stick on most smokes coming April 1st.

Am I the only one who doesn't care?

The more cigars I smoke, the more I get the feeling certain companies just don't get it. With literally 1000s of options, I am content to choose something else if these get over my price range. Bullshit.
ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RP?!?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    April 1st huh? April 1st? Hmmmm. Well, that date rings a bell but I can't recall why.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    April 1st huh? April 1st? Hmmmm. Well, that date rings a bell but I can't recall why.

I think it's Tom Foolery's birthday.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Did it say why they are raising prices, all made in the same factory? Doesn't bother me much, don't really smoke many RP's or Perdomo's. Never had a Padron but they're kinda pricey anyways, 30 cents/stick is like p!ssing in the ocean ain't it.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    RP?!?
    The extra 30 cents per stick is for the extra glue that will be required to keep the cigar wrappers from unravelling.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    RP?!?
    The extra 30 cents per stick is for the extra glue that will be required to keep the cigar wrappers from unravelling.
    HAH!!!!

And to quote the great DZR:

photo nished.jpg

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    RP?!?
    HAH!!!!

photo nished.jpg
    LOL! that was funny as hell. RP cigars IMO are already priced too high. I stopped buying his cigars couple years ago when he stopped letting online retailers offer discounts on his sticks. His most expensive stick used to be the OWR, $10-$12 per cigar...now that it seems that his avg price per cigar...Sorry...not paying $10 for a Xen or "Thunder"...or a RP 90.

"Long ashes my friends."

• youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    jgibv:
    variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    RP?!?
    HAH!!!!

photo nished.jpg
    LOL! that was funny as hell. RP cigars IMO are already priced too high. I stopped buying his cigars couple years ago when he stopped letting online retailers offer discounts on his sticks. His most expensive stick used to be the OWR, $10-$12 per cigar...now that it seems that his avg price per cigar...Sorry...not paying $10 for a Xen or "Thunder"...or a RP 90.
    It's impossible for me to pay $10+ for a RP with so many great small batch sticks in that same range. They need to cut their prices in half for the quality of product they produce imo. #GetNishedSon
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't care less what Rocky does and Padron are so expensive already another .30 doesn't even register on the radar. However, Perdomo has put a lot of effort into keeping their cigars affordable for a long time. When everyone else was raising prices they were not. I don't believe Nick Perdomo is trying to grab for nickels and dimes for greed sake, he has done too much in the past to indicate this.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let's see.
    Torano 1916 for $6.50 or RP Cameroon for $9.00
    Hmm, tough call. Oh wait, no it's not.

There are so many way better cigars for a lot less money.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.