Home Pipes

Middle earth tobacco

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Anyone know anything about them or tried em? Found this on a website

Sorry, no skills at posting a link. Lol
One God, One Truth

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I have not but im a nerd and want to try them!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    I would also like to try this tobacco!! If I see anything I will let you guys know!!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this somewhere, too, and wonder about it. My understanding was that the tobacco used during the filming was Peter Stokebye's Nougat, which I tried. Still have some. It's OK, mild. I tend to use it to tone down some blends when I'm not up for strong taste. I've also tried some of the McClelland mixtures said to have been Middle-Earth inspired, and liked them. Who makes this line? The Sample Pack looks reasonable.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I remember hearing things here and there about this stuff, but I've never tried it myself. If I remember right, opinions were always fairly middle of the road, nobody raving but nobody hating on it either. With that said - even if it WAS The Hobbit that piqued my interest in pipe smoking at a young age - I'd be more inclined to get my hands on some good "Two Rivers tabac" - lots of folks seemed mighty impressed with it! ;-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to frequent this shop. It's all good stuff. I didn't care for isengard but a few ounces of mushrooms and treebeard usually finds its way into my orders. Longbottom leaf was also a fine smoke but not something I reach for often
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    An off forum botl I herf with buys mushroom by the pound. This shop also has two house blends I buy by the pound, mellow monk and Schafers gold.