Home Cigar 101

Keeping Cigars Fresh in Tubes

I am really new to the hobby, and I have a question about storage. I just bought several tubed cigars today while traveling. The tubes have been opened, but are now closed. I will not be able to put them in a humi for about 3 more days. Will they be fine until then? A friend suggested I should slightly moisten the cedar inside the tubes, but I can't find anything online suggesting that. Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep them sealed and you will be fine. If you have a ziplock you could toss them in there but definitely do not wet the cedar inside.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    "I have a question. Are you RBeckom? ARE YOU?!"Rain stepped back and ran a hand over a stubble that had popped up while he'd been working the case. A different writing style and not using the same screen name format."They should be fine," he said as he went back on the prowl for his perp.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, no worries. If it were a month...then throw em in a bag or tupperware. I probably would not moisten the cedar sleeve or cigar directly, that is asking for mold and possibly wrapper damage.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Thanks for the help guys. They are my $100 limit of Cubans, and my first Cubans ever. I just didn't want to screw them up before I got a chance to see what all the hype is about.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Shhhhhhh
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    saowenusss:
    Thanks for the help guys. They are my $100 limit of Cubans, and my first Cubans ever. I just didn't want to screw them up before I got a chance to see what all the hype is about.

Maybe you should buy the "other country equivalent" and do a taste test. It would be interesting to a lot of us.
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be fine in the tubes. There is only a small volume of air in the tube to begin with, and as long as you are not pulling them out to handle/admire them it should keep the cigars relatively stable as far as RH is concerned.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Just a FYI you can bring a box back!! The custome guys don't really know 100% how much $100 worth of cigars are yet. I know a few people that brought back a box and had no issue. Now this may be a odd comment but make sure they are real!! Fake cc's are everywhere even in Cuba! There are certain grades to fakes but yes there are fakes over there!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    saowenusss:
    Thanks for the help guys. They are my $100 limit of Cubans, and my first Cubans ever. I just didn't want to screw them up before I got a chance to see what all the hype is about.

Maybe you should buy the "other country equivalent" and do a taste test. It would be interesting to a lot of us.
    I like this idea. Let us know how it goes.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • I'll do that. I'm going to let them sit in the humi for a little while to make sure they are nice and rested from the journey to their new home.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    saowenusss how long are you thinking of allowing them to rest (iff'n you can be patient that is -- I would be sore tempted to light one up after about a week, lulz)?

I am also interested in your taste test comparison on these vs the other more readily available grown from cuban seed sticks -- subscribing to this one!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch