Home Pipes

What type of fire?

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
I have been using a regular bic lighter and have found a lack of range of motion from it. It seems that I cannot light all the tobacco on the top during a charing light.
Would matches or a pipe lighter work better?
One God, One Truth

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Matches are certainly my fire of choice, but other than that, like you, I use a Bic--they are cheap and more importantly, reliable.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    So, with a bic, how do you move it around to light all of the tobacco?
    One God, One Truth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    just like a match, suck in as you light and move in a circular motion.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Yep Bics are fine, I use one as well! Wooden matches are good also, but man I cant get em much by me!!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Djeep lighters for a pipe. Just like a Bic, but a little wider so you can avoid the Hot Thumb. I got a logo one from Tatuaje and tried it one night. Works like a charm
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I use matches or my DuPont... Honestly any soft flame works but I find bics will burn your thumb
    Money can't buy taste
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being the heretic that I am, I usually start with 1/4 second blasts from my triple-flame torch, approximately an inch and a half from the tobacco. Count a few seconds and repeat 2 - 3 times, tamp, switch to bic. Light in circular motion.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain