Home General Discussion

International cigar travel... well... Canada. lol

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So we are going to Canada this summer and our first day there is on my birthday. I would LOVE to have a cigar on my birthday but I don't know what rules/laws/regulations there are for taking cigars into Canada... I was just thinking about taking my Herf-A-Dor with probably 5 cigars and my accessories. We are driving and taking the ferry if that makes any difference.Input?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quick Google search for the term "taking cigars into canada" yielded this information as the second result:

Tobacco products

If you are 18 years of age or over, you are allowed to bring in all of the following amounts of tobacco into Canada duty- and taxes-free within your personal exemption:

200 cigarettes
    50 cigars
    200 grams (7 ounces) of manufactured tobacco, and
    200 tobacco sticks.

MORE INFO HERE on the Canadian Gov't website.
    http://travel.gc.ca/returning/customs/what-you-can-bring-home-to-canada#tobacco

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    You fancy people and your "google search" lol Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. Like ive said before I like to hear what other BOTL have experienced. But that info covers it! :)
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday in advance.....but seriously no issues.

d Bring whatever you wish to smoke, i think 50 sticks is your limit though...so you decide your own number.

prices here are a tad shocking even if money were no object. I would guess that if you took your fav stick, and thought of a price you would b willing to pay for it ...then multiply it by 3....that you would need a $10 bill to leave the store with it purchased....assuming of course that you could even find it here.
    This is Canada's oldest cigar shop (about 15 minutes from me, about 5 from wwhang)....you can scan for prices to confirm what i just suggested. Their prices are reasonable by Canadian prices. http://www.walpertobacco.com/

Enjoy your trip eh!
    Be sure to watch some Bob and Doug videos to adequately prepare you eh!:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ZvAVcBIrQ
    LiquidChaos66:
    You fancy people and your "google search" lol Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. Like ive said before I like to hear what other BOTL have experienced. But that info covers it! :)
    figured you couldn't get any better info than "straight from the horse's mouth"

and happy b-day in advance.

last time i traveled north of the border we all took probably 10 cigars each and a trunk full of beer.
    no issues in that regard what so ever, they asked if we had anything to declare. we said no. easy peasy.

(but they did pull us aside because a few of us had been to canada before but didn't have passport stamps so we had to go inside so they could scan them)

Oh... and my work blocked Google... cant even access it on WIFI on my phone. lol

Thanks for the advance B-Day wishes. :) Much appreciated!
    LiquidChaos66:
    Oh... and my work blocked Google... cant even access it on WIFI on my phone. lol

but they don't block the ccom forums?
    hah! haha! ha! i lol'ed

your IT guy is TOW nominee material for that.

jgibv:
    LiquidChaos66:

but they don't block the ccom forums?
    hah! haha! ha! i lol'ed

your IT guy is TOW nominee material for that.

I KNOW!!! LMAO!!! How do we nominate my IT department if they don't have a profile? lol
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    1.Happy early birthday LC!!!!!
    2.Who the heck needs to tote around 50 stogies? (I only took 11 to Winstar!!)
    3.What on Earth is a TOBACCO STICK????? I thought thats what we were already smoking
    4.HEY!!!!!!! (some of us botls are in I.T.) laugh quietly or they'll block ccom! ;p
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not been to Canada since I started smoking cigars, and have no idea where you are headed. But, if I was going to Cuba (or Canada where I hear they sell CC's), I would not be worried about bringing cigars IN. Just Sayin.
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Happy birthday in advance!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Have not been to Canada since I started smoking cigars, and have no idea where you are headed. But, if I was going to Cuba (or Canada where I hear they sell CC's), I would not be worried about bringing cigars IN. Just Sayin.
    Yes, this... also, remember that the newfound liberty on bringing CCs back from vacation ONLY applies to visitors returning from Cuba, not anywhere else.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    rsherman24:
    Yes, this... also, remember that the newfound liberty on bringing CCs back from vacation ONLY applies to visitors returning from Cuba, not anywhere else.

Ooooooh! Good to know!
    Hays:
    rsherman24:

Ooooooh! Good to know!