Home Non Cigar Related

Prayers requested

bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just received a call that a good friend and roommate of mine in college killed himself. I hadn't talked to him in a while but he had apparently been really depressed lately. Never would've expected this as he was such a goofy guy and we had so much fun together.

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss.
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Damn Bert, sorry to hear that. In my prayers Bro.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so so sorry to hear this, if there is anything I can do please let me know my friend!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your friend.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks. A friend from high school killed himself a while back. Such an odd feeling, like "if only I would have noticed something was wrong." Sorry for your loss.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing now is to wish him well on his journey.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    That is sad news, my condolences.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about that Andrew that's tough for those left behind.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear Bert!!! My condolences. Let me know if you need to get out sometime after next week when I get back.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this. Clinical depression is more than just a mood swing. It is a chronic disease and sufferers need professional treatment. Had a friend go through this several years ago. Thankfully he did get treatment and has stayed ahead of it. Let me know if there is anything I can do, Bert.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the support. Just a few days ago I was talking with friends about him and all the fun times we had and then to hear this. Still in shock.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a shame bro. To much of it in this world. But you never truly know what burdens someone might be carrying. My prayers to his family.