Home Non Cigar Related

Jos. A. Bank???

anybody ever bought a suit from these guys? How was the fit and quality? Would you buy it again?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I have a couple, they look really professional but fit like crap....
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Ya know, I've shopped there once or twice, and I've never been happy with them. For the money, there are better places to buy good clothes in my opinion.

Men's Wearhouse is a great place - I've bought so much of my wardrobe from there, and been satisfied without fail. I have a blue blazer that I bought 5 years ago, and it still looks gorgeous and fits excellently. Once you have them tailor a suit, they will re-tailor it for free.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Hays:
    For the money, there are better places to buy good clothes in my opinion.

Men's Wearhouse is a great place - I've bought so much of my wardrobe from there, and been satisfied without fail. I have a blue blazer that I bought 5 years ago, and it still looks gorgeous and fits excellently. Once you have them tailor a suit, they will re-tailor it for free.
    Plus, Men's Wearhouse is having a good buy one, get one free sale sale right now!! Gotta luv that!

• JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    stephen_hannibal:
    I have a couple, they look really professional but fit like crap....
    Try a good outside tailor-they can polish most clothing turds into a nice garment.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Well, I have bought suits from these guys for nearly ten years...quality for the past year or two has taken a nosedive...especially in the shirts. Fit is something that can be tailored and is not a matter of the store but more how good the tailor is that works at that particular store.. they have ben running some good sales lately...but you have to be knowledgeable about what you are looking for. I will continue to buy from them because I refuse to pay more money at some of the other places...the sales they offer now kind of offset the fact that maybe the suits aren't constructed as well as three or four years ago...but not poor enuf to run me away. (does that make sense???)
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Never shopped there but as mentioned men's warehouse I can't complain about them. I really enjoy the service at the store in my hometown. As mentioned the tailor will determine the fit of a suit more than a general store but I've never had an issue with any men's warehouse. As an aside when I was ordering tuxes for my groomsmen if they couldn't get into town the lady from out tux place wanted them to go to men's warehouses to be measured because she "knew that they would measure them right".
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    4bob4:
    As an aside when I was ordering tuxes for my groomsmen if they couldn't get into town the lady from out tux place wanted them to go to men's warehouses to be measured because she "knew that they would measure them right".
    That's a damn good testimonial right there.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I can't hear the name without thinking of one of my favorite movies, "Joe Versus the Volcano."