Home General Discussion

Man O' War, whose brand is that?

mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
Just wondering that to whom the brand Man O' War belongs to, because when I went to AJ's website there are only New World & San Lotano. Not a single Man O' War is there...anyone knows?

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an AJ Blend just like Diesel and many others. May not be listed on his website but it is still his blend and his tobacco from what I understand.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmkuchi:
    Just wondering that to whom the brand Man O' War belongs to, because when I went to AJ's website there are only New World & San Lotano. Not a single Man O' War is there...anyone knows?

This may help:

Click here

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    MoW and Diesel are manufactured and blended by AJ Fernandez, but I believe it's owned by CCOM and CI's mother company. The San Lotano lines and New World are 100% owned by AJ himself.
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    MoW and Diesel are manufactured and blended by AJ Fernandez, but I believe it's owned by CCOM and CI's mother company. The San Lotano lines and New World are 100% owned by AJ himself.
    Thanks ****! This really answers my question. By this point, the question then shifts to "CCOM and CI are under the same mother company? Who's that?" (Sorry for being a super curious cat)
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmkuchi:
    wwhwang:
    Thanks ****! This really answers my question. By this point, the question then shifts to "CCOM and CI are under the same mother company? Who's that?" (Sorry for being a super curious cat)
    Ccom is cigar.com and CI is cigars international.com, they both ship from the same warehouse and as I understand it are sister companies that are owned by the same parent company, hence separate yet related.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    mmkuchi:
    wwhwang:
    Ccom is cigar.com and CI is cigars international.com, they both ship from the same warehouse and as I understand it are sister companies that are owned by the same parent company, hence separate yet related.
    Thanks! Then who's their parent company? I tried searching it online, but found nothing.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Swedish Match AB
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pipes & Cigars is another sister under the same umbrella, I think there are others as well.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    If CCOM & CI are sister companies, then CCOM must be neglected, adopted child of the two.

CI gets to have Cbid with a fully upgraded forum while the only new thing that CCOM got is a meat section that failed.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone felt like taking the time to research it, I seem to recall a post by one of the CCom folks stating that the two (CI and CCom) had no connection other than that of using the same shipping facility. It may have been Andy who told us that, but it's been quite a while back. This question seems to come up about every three months or so. I thought it had been put to rest long ago..... ??
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    If someone felt like taking the time to research it, I seem to recall a post by one of the CCom folks stating that the two (CI and CCom) had no connection other than that of using the same shipping facility. It may have been Andy who told us that, but it's been quite a while back. This question seems to come up about every three months or so. I thought it had been put to rest long ago..... ??
    Yeah, I recall this. Although they may have the same corporate overlord, they are pretty much 2 separate companies. CI just acquired Pipes and Cigars a year or so ago.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America