Home Ratings & Reviews

5 Vegas Series A "Apostle"

CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭

I would like to preface this by saying this was my 3rd cigar ever. Prior to it I had tried two different Rocky Patel's and some Swisher Sweets, but calling Swisher Sweets a real cigar is like calling a knock-off rolex the real deal.

These came packaged in a normal Cellophane wrapper with the "wood wrapper" on the bottom of the of cigar as well. I will admit in my inexperience my first thought was, "What did they wrap it with so that it's dark at one end and light at the other?" As I took it out of the cellophane I noticed it was taped on there. I unwrapped it and sniffed it, the first thing I could smell was horses. Not a dirty smell mind you, I just had this sensation that I was standing in a horse barn. I was not sure what to make of it, but curious none the less I cut off a bit of the end and stuck it in my mouth. I tend to check for airflow (a habit I picked up from smoking pipe tobacco) and I got a strong taste of black coffee. Not bitter black coffee, just black coffee itself. I lit the cigar and proceeded to puff at it. I was overwhelmed with a coffee, earthy taste for about the first 3rd of the cigar. As I got into the cigar more I could taste a more woody taste, like oak or cedar. The further down the cigar I got, the more woody it got, as it became a nub between my finger I could just barely taste the coffee.

I had 10 of these in total in the box. Between smoking them alone and sharing them with friends, I am down to 2 left. I love every minute of these, they are smooth, robust and very flavorful from start to finish. I may not taste all the little nuances that more refined smokers might taste, but I sure do recommend them to anyone who has not tried them.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great write up. I still enjoy these every so often. They are very good with a little age too. You nailed the description. Barnyard, earthy and a little sweet. Great cigars, especially for the price! The cedar sleeves are classy too.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I wasn't sure how it would look. Smoked my last one of these today too. They are definitely going on the wishlist though.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like these. I think I have some of the "Apostle" (churchill) (7.0"x50) down in the bottom of my cooler. I may need to revisit this one in the next few days. Thanks for reminding me.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Good to know, I tried a triple A a while ago and it was great, gonna have to try this one now too
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a 5Vega fan. There's a seat for everyvass though.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    There's a seat for everyvass though.
    This made me literally LOL. Not the spelling. Even with the v instead of a space I read it as intended.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    I think these are among the best of 5V cigars. The old Miami was really good too...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Gray4lines:
    Eulogy:
    I think these are among the best of 5V cigars. The old Miami was really good too...
    Just don't like them. More for you, I guess. My ass don't like that seat.
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    My ass will take your seat. :P
    If I had any I would send them to you.