Home General Discussion

about Cohiba Puro dominicana

mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
I have searched through the website and the forum and found some people say its a good steak while some said its a bad stick. can anyone give me some idea how it tastes like? thank you very much!

Comments

• ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I aged one of these for almost 2 years then smoked it anticipating the experience. I was disappointed. Not a very complex flavor profile. In my opinion there are much better choices out there for less money. But, I would be interested to hear what others have to say.

Oh, and no way I would compare it to a good T-bone. ;^)
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    I aged one of these for almost 2 years then smoked it anticipating the experience. I was disappointed. Not a very complex flavor profile. In my opinion there are much better choices out there for less money. But, I would be interested to hear what others have to say.

Oh, and no way I would compare it to a good T-bone. ;^)
    Greatly appreciate for your input!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a solid stick but nothing exceptional. Mild-medium chocolatey and nutty flavors and reliable cigar but fairly one dimensional and kinda a one trick pony. That being said if found for a good price they are a solid buy IMHO.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's better than the Red Dot for sure. But still just ok though I have had a couple that were better than average. But the black I thought rocked! Though they do tend to put me on my a$$.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    I think it's a solid stick but nothing exceptional. Mild-medium chocolatey and nutty flavors and reliable cigar but fairly one dimensional and kinda a one trick pony. That being said if found for a good price they are a solid buy IMHO.

That would be my review as well. I got a couple in a sampler, and liked them enough so that when Ccom (I think) had a good price on bundle of 20 I jumped on it at $6/stick shipped. Good quality smoke in a very understated way.

OP... I'll be glad to add a couple in with the cigars heading your way from the Kelly deal.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:

I agree with Brett on this 100% everyone has different tastes and I myself really enjoy this stick and they IMHO aren't great ROTT but after they get some time on them, they really come together...... Paying retail is coo coo crazy but I've snagged them whenever I can get them sub 5 bucks a stick which has been easy to do as of late. I was gonna take some off Peter's hands til I check my wine fridges and found over 25 of them. To each his own Id be glad to send a few for you to try, if you enjoy them then you know to grab some when you see a great price on them.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I've had these before and they are good with rest. The important thing about any cigar is what YOU think...it's hard to try and tell others what we as individuals like and then tell others what they should like. What we should do is find what taste profiles we enjoy and then search out those cigars that compliment our tastes.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    It's better than the Red Dot for sure. But still just ok though I have had a couple that were better than average. But the black I thought rocked! Though they do tend to put me on my a$$.
    yup liked the black didn't put me on me bum but was tasty...as for nc Cohoba unless you get them free or at a steep discount just not worth it to me
    Money can't buy taste
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rhamlin:
    yup liked the black didn't put me on me bum but was tasty...as for nc Cohoba unless you get them free or at a steep discount just not worth it to me
    I don't know what it is but every time I feel it. Once I kid you not I had to lay down on the couch afterward. And I'm not stranger to powerhouses either. Maybe it's a mind thing I dunno.
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Thank you all for the input!