Home General Discussion

My Sincerest Apologies

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
90+ Irishman:
curtpick:
90+ Irishman:
Oh look the sensitive wuss is causing waves again.... For what the 5th time today alone? Wow talk about a hot winded trouble maker....
How much *** can you dish out in one **** day brett? You talk about hot air. Your acting like a **** moron. You have a serious problem as of late and its really wearing on peeps.
I apologize to any and all that I may have offended, I only meant it as jest and thought that would have been obvious but it clearly wasn't. I will back off and cool down. Thank you for bringing this to my attention Curt and I sincerely apologize for my behavior and attitude as I clearly have upset people I respect and care about. It is clear that my form of sarcasm and comedy is not shared or felt by others, I will not go about to again in this forum or others. Thank you and have a good one, I will take a step back for a while.
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• jewildjewild Posts: 15
    we have turned in to the most sensitive society ever, everything we say hurts someone's feelings. I say, "toughen the f**k up soldier" apologize on behalf of all is accepted !!!! Let's move on.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    No kidding! This kind of business just rubs me the wrong way. Brett has proved himself to be a generous and sincere BOTL whose clear sarcasm in a post wasn't interpreted correctly by one person. Big F'ing deal. His loss on this board is to everyone's detriment. Man, let the pusification of America continue.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Guys you dont know half the story. Just leave it at that. Not about to open up here of all places. What was said was said, and needed to be. Just know there is a bunch you dont , or should know. Have a great day. Has nothing to do with his sarcasm.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Forum war!!!!!! Dumb to bring it here and be like "well you don't know the whole story." Then tell us or don't bring it here...you could have always pmed or texted him. Instead you post it in public then tell everyone to mind their business. kOtherwise CCom can copy TNTs catchphrase."CCom - We Know Drama"
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Anyone else hear that? "JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!"
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Forum war!!!!!! Dumb to bring it here and be like "well you don't know the whole story." Then tell us or don't bring it here...you could have always pmed or texted him. Instead you post it in public then tell everyone to mind their business. k
    Ok I have held my breathe long enough. 1st and foremost I didn't even know really what was going on after I posted 4 packages being sent out till I got a few texts messages from a few botl saying what did u do to Brett to be called a sensitive wuss blowing smoke up my ass on every post I mad. should I put them all in 1 post, probably, didn't really think it was doing any harm, should have known Randy and his fake badge would show up. 2nd Brett says he was joking that's fine, but every post I make? I know how Brett is, but we aren't the only ones who read this ***, cigar.com sees it, u think reps and other do? Of course they do, I for 1 don't want to play any childish games here. Curt was just standing up saying what he thought was going on and his opinion didn't like it, and I appreciate that, we all have our opinions here, trust me Curt is not the only 1 who texted me or pm'd me several have my number. Including u Randy, u should all people have no room to talk, you stir more *** here and piss more people off here than anyone, I said just chill and talked to Brett but u and a few others have to keep bringing it back up stirring the pot, cause that's what u like to do , freaking childish. You should you from a month ago stuff happens not only on this forum but in texts, you know exactly what I'm talking about, it was never brought on the forum because a certain someone is better person than that and u not to bring it here, but I'm not as good as person he is, so you want as u say u don't know the whole story and bring it here, u know what I'm talking about your stupid racist remarks you made in a group message, ring a bell? That's 1 of the reasons he hasn't posted much lately. So go ahead give me another 1 of your stupid TOW awards. I'm through with reading some of u coming on here defending Brett and calling it "pusification" and tough n up soldier, stay out of the business if you don't know what's going on for real. As for Brett, I know his sense of humor I think he just got carried away and he texted me that, it's done maybe we have other problems here that need to be fixed. I for 1 don't have the damn time for this crap. This is the last time I'm bringing it up. Randy if you have a problem what I said, you have my number. Anyone else have a problem with it I'll pm my number and we can speak of the forum, cause everyone isn't here to play stupid childish games. I'm done
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Forum war!!!!!! Dumb to bring it here and be like "well you don't know the whole story." Then tell us or don't bring it here...you could have always pmed or texted him. Instead you post it in public then tell everyone to mind their business. kOtherwise CCom can copy TNTs catchphrase."CCom - We Know Drama"

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding at this time is that besides my comments yesterday being offensive, some people see my behavior in general and how I approach these boards as being bomb seeking behavior. I admit that I am always asking questions, such as what is that cigar, or what do you think of X etc. I would have hoped that after nearly 4 years here of me ALWAYS being this curious and that regardless of what some think I truly say what I mean. I really am just a curious guy and love to talk, too much sometimes, but I have not will not and do not believe in bomb fishing. The funny thing is that no matter what I say someone is still going to take it that way. I can beg someone not to do something but me saying sincerely please don't only seems to make it worse. So I have to ask what do you want from me? What can I do or say to make you happy and just be able to ask a **** question? Even if I ask 100 questions a day guess what, it's a question!!!!! If I wanted to smoke one myself I would either ask to setup a way to try one or go buy it myself, I have money and simply choose to spend it on other things besides cigars right now but I still can buy my own **** cigars. Don't know how I can be myself and behave without censoring who I am without someone interpreting that as mooching their stash or someone else's. So I will say this with as much clarity as I can... I do not need, want or desire anything from anyone besides conversation and friendship. The fact that some cannot take that at face value even though I have a proven track record for years LONGER THAN RHEY HAVE EVEN BEEN MEMBERS OF CCOM is not my problem. What's worse is that NO ONE approached me AT ANY TIME saying that they thought this is what I was doing or that it came off that way. How the FVCK does anyone expect something to change if no one lets that person know, I don't know how to make it clearer that I have plenty in life and am happy with what I got, I don't need or want a handout from anyone and I sincerely wish people would stop doing this. Curt, for future reference I don't think things would reach this point if in the future you reached out to the person that was upsetting you so badly first to let them know. Some may lash out and try to pick a fight, but my behavior over several years has shown that I have no problem taking responsibility for my F ups when they are pointed out to me. All it could have taken was you shooting me a PM or a text or even a public post saying that you believed that my behavior was coming across as douchy and begging for bombs or free stuff and I would have stepped back and see how I could change that and moved on. Next time try giving the person you are accusing wrong doing of a chance to make things right either publicly or privately before crucifying them. In an online forum as this the only thing any of us has is our reputation, I applaud you for dragging mine through the dirt without a second thought. Good job and bravo, you picked a virtual fight on a virtual board with a kid half your age and won, I'm sure that's inpressive and will make you and all of your friends proud that you beat up a kid half your age on an online community and made him so uncomfortable that he left the only online forum he was a part of for nearly half a decade. I know I'd be proud if one of my friends did that, always liked bullies :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Brett you are not the victim here!! I'm sorry, but you posted on Glock threads not once, not twice, but 5 times comments similar to this one. Oh look the sensitive wuss is causing waves again.... For what the 5th time today alone? Wow talk about a hot winded trouble maker.... Then Randy steps in and stirs the pot too. Wtf is going on with this forum! Can't we all have a little respect for each other. I'm tired of the ***!!
    Chuck N:
    Brett you are not the victim here!! I'm sorry, but you posted on Glock threads not once, not twice, but 5 times comments similar to this one. Oh look the sensitive wuss is causing waves again.... For what the 5th time today alone? Wow talk about a hot winded trouble maker.... Then Randy steps in and stirs the pot too. Wtf is going on with this forum! Can't we all have a little respect for each other. I'm tired of the ***!!
    So Chuck how does someone apologize enough and move on. I made multiple public apologies and then texted Curt apologizing as well as trying to understand deeper what was up. I have already openly admitted I was wrong and took it too far with my joke yesterday. So my question is this, what do you guys want from me? I've already offered myself up but apparently that's not enough, so what do you want? My apology? Already given that about half a dozen times sincerely. My humiliation? That's also been done by this point, embarrassed doesn't quite put it into the right words, this is embarrassing and extremely uncomfortable for me but I am still standing here like a grown man trying to settle this and finish up this farce before I walk away as I don't like leaving things unfinished. Do you want my dignity? That's already been taken from me with this. So I ask what do you want from me? It's an online forum for fvcks sake what CAN I give? Call me q mooch and begging for bombs but at every turn where there is some type of fundraising going on I have given in the past, I have helped to organize group hits and gestures for milestones as well as helping out when families hit hard times. Point out to me where I went wrong I want to know. Sorry but instead of making me rethink leaving this has just made it even more plain that I ain't welcome. Well fvck-you-very-much too. I know that with these final comments I'm dealing my "fate" of not being welcome back again. I have enough bad *** in my life and things that more than half of you will never face even if you're 90. We all have those things in not special and I'm not unique in that. But this is supposed to be a place to let go, be who we really are and have fun. Congrats instead it's become a place of discrimination, snap judgements and persecution. I'm sure you will sleep just fine tonight and be convinced that everything I am saying is just some punk young kid whining like a baby, but guess what I will sleep fine to because your opinion does not matter two rat sh1ts to me. The people who have actually taken the months and years to get to know me as a person instead of just words on a forum and some faceless avatar will either like what they see or won't but this isn't about to change it. Good day, I will leave here when I'm good and **** ready and when I do leave you can say whatever the hell you want and won't matter, I ain't coming back and yall don't want me back either. That being said, feel free to try to kick me out even sooner than that if you think it's that important.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know better than to get involved in this kind of *** but it's one of my weaknesses.

Let me be clear: I don't know all the underlying issues but when I read through these posts yesterday my first reaction was that both Curt and Irish needed to pull up there big girl panties and move the *** on. This *** happens every couple of months and we all forgive because that's what friends do. Curt seems to understand this and I suspect has already moved on. You, Irish, seem to not able or willing to do that but instead lash out on anyone that doesn't seem to be taking your side. (And you will undoudedly lash out at me too).

Moreover, youkeep bringing up your age, Irish, like that's some kind of important factor in all this. It's not. Your maturity, however, is an issue. I've enjoyed our interactions on this forum, but Christ, give us all a break here....
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Sending you a pm
    Ray Ray, tell me how you really feel. :*I DID say I'd give Ro the rest of my Bush's Chicken to do my draft (picture included of my Bush's Chicken.) If he'd told me he was offended (or anyone else told me I'd crossed a line), I would have apologized. Instead nobody says anything to me and brings it up a month later? My wife does that stuff. I'm NOT sorry I said it, I'm sorry it offended someone. Intent vs impact.Act like you know me? Uh huh...like you've never said some **** on v herf that someone could take the wrong way. I just hope they'd tell you. I mean, I've v herfed with a lot of you and been involved in a lot of group texts...I feel like what I said was in context okay. Seriously, from talking about sleeping with peoples spouse to hitting old ladies, it gets pretty raunchy....which I'm fine with. Obviously someone or some people are not.To say I p*** more people off than anyone...well...that may be true, but I'd have to see a study to agree with it.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Overreactions and complexities... this thread has them.

I don't post a lot on this forum and I have no beef with any of the members here; regardless if they're mature, neutral or childish. One thing that makes this cigar forum different from the others is that it's a small community where there should usually be a tighter bond amongst the members.

Like any relationship (in this case BOTL/SOTL), there are going to be arguments but what makes a strong bond between people is how the given situation is ultimately handled. There's definitely potential for this situation to become water under the bridge but at this moment, emotions are way too high and people are forced to take sides.

Most people have already voiced their opinions and all the cards are on the table. What ever needed to be said has and anything further may turn into regret.

At this point, I personally think it's best to drop this situation and hopefully, in a week or two you guys can laugh about it.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
    Echambers:
    I know better than to get involved in this kind of *** but it's one of my weaknesses.

Let me be clear: I don't know all the underlying issues but when I read through these posts yesterday my first reaction was that both Curt and Irish needed to pull up there big girl panties and move the *** on. This *** happens every couple of months and we all forgive because that's what friends do. Curt seems to understand this and I suspect has already moved on. You, Irish, seem to not able or willing to do that but instead lash out on anyone that doesn't seem to be taking your side. (And you will undoudedly lash out at me too).

Moreover, youkeep bringing up your age, Irish, like that's some kind of important factor in all this. It's not. Your maturity, however, is an issue. I've enjoyed our interactions on this forum, but Christ, give us all a break here....
    I'm sorry you think and feel that way Eric but no I will not lash out at you. I lash out at people who take pot shots at me but aren't even involved in the fvcking situation. Ultimately this should have been between Jeremy and myself. We are good so why is everyone else entitled to stick their nose in something that was between Jeremy and myself?
    You Randy, don't wanna really know how I feel. You really should have just texted me like I said, but that's fine you wanna tell your side of lies that's fine. You say I've said whatever this **** means u on b Herf, I'll tell U what you find 1 guy on here that has been on v Herf with me and that I said something bad I own up to it, cause I know me and u have never been alone on v Herf and never will. So to say I've said something someone had to be there, don't go there. 2nd you texted that *** on a group message and you knew he was **** I n g pissed he told u, and Chris went the hell off on u, don't play that card u didn't know cause u texted me few minutes later asking why he so pissed that's how we talk down here remember? I know people from Texas don't say those things, maybe u. You say u don't know you... Your right and don't want too either. You want your study boy, just ask around you'll get it. If you weren't running that mouth stirring the pot I would never brought it up, but that's your job here.??
    Chuck N:
    Sending you a pm
    Did not receive it. If it was meant for me please send again or if needed request that I send one and I will. If this was meant for someone else then my bad. Chuck I am pissed, but I am sorry if I overreacted or lashed out. I would say that honestly there are only three people that really are involved here, me and Curt and Jeremy. If I have done something specific than can be brought to my attention involving someone else then please do so and I will gladly face responsibility for those. I'm not just trying to lash out at people but I am trying to say that if I haven't done something directly to someone other than Curt or Jeremy then no one else need be nor should be involved. It's not their place or business and will just further exacerbate the situation.
    You said you were done and were not ;)Nobody told me or went off on me...I asked YOU when the draft was and you said something about some people got offended. I never said we were alone on v herf...I did not say people in Texas do/don't talk like that, I said in the military the humor is much worse than that. "Boy?" Jeez. Are you trying to sound tough or something?
    Rain:
    You said you were done and were not ;)Nobody told me or went off on me...I asked YOU when the draft was and you said something about some people got offended. I never said we were alone on v herf...I did not say people in Texas do/don't talk like that, I said in the military the humor is much worse than that. "Boy?" Jeez. Are you trying to sound tough or something?
    If ya want you can make a new thread? I thought this one was about me being a user and mooch and wanting free cigars and hooch and generally being a weasel on here?
    Yeah ok Randy you tell it however you want, I'm not dragging the texts here or Chris or Ro into this game you love to play. But you know Chris and Ro went off. I'm done with you, and you did say down here u live in Texas so I assumed you were referring down there In TEXAS. This is all I wanna do is sit back play your games and laugh it up. But those who were in the group message knows what was said. Sorry you don't remember. Like I said you have my number. I don't have to sound tough Randy. Not to u
    90+ Irishman:
    Rain:
    If ya want you can make a new thread? I thought this one was about me being a user and mooch and wanting free cigars and hooch and generally being a weasel on here?
    YOU HUSH!!!
    Glock1975:
    Yeah ok Randy you tell it however you want, I'm not dragging the texts here or Chris or Ro into this game you love to play. But you know Chris and Ro went off. I'm done with you, and you did say down here u live in Texas so I assumed you were referring down there In TEXAS. This is all I wanna do is sit back play your games and laugh it up. But those who were in the group message knows what was said. Sorry you don't remember. Like I said you have my number. I don't have to sound tough Randy. Not to u
    I went back to double check the texts and don't have them, convenient I know. I feel like if anyone went off on me I would have responded (like here, or apparently everywhere) or if they'd said they were offended I would have apologized (which I do a lot.)It's possible it happened and I was already ignoring the group message, which also happens because I don't care to read them for six hours when they have nothing to do with me. I'm kind of miffed as to what this has to do with "bringing things here". I did not bring this here (because I did not know it was a problem and it happened in a text), you did.I'm still miffed over "Son". I am glad that you do want to sit back and "play my games." They're not games, I just don't get all bent out of shape over CCom. Scientists are interested in the forums though, they say CCom is proof that men have periods.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Ray Ray, tell me how you really feel. :*I DID say I'd give Ro the rest of my Bush's Chicken to do my draft (picture included of my Bush's Chicken.) If he'd told me he was offended (or anyone else told me I'd crossed a line), I would have apologized. Instead nobody says anything to me and brings it up a month later? My wife does that stuff. I'm NOT sorry I said it, I'm sorry it offended someone. Intent vs impact.Act like you know me? Uh huh...like you've never said some **** on v herf that someone could take the wrong way. I just hope they'd tell you. I mean, I've v herfed with a lot of you and been involved in a lot of group texts...I feel like what I said was in context okay. Seriously, from talking about sleeping with peoples spouse to hitting old ladies, it gets pretty raunchy....which I'm fine with. Obviously someone or some people are not.To say I p*** more people off than anyone...well...that may be true, but I'd have to see a study to agree with it.
    Wow sleeping with peoples spouses! Now you got my attention! Just kidding. Take it easy! Hell most of you have enough hand guns to start a real war. Why don't you go back to back, take ten paces and the best man wins. I have been around these forums for quite some time and never have I witnesed such malicious behaviour. Quite frankley I feel it comes down to greed. I always believe in the Rolling Stone line: You can't always get what you want but if you find some time you just might find you get what you need. Any way that may not be it exactly but you get the point. One time a long long time ago I made atrade with a guy on these forums. I gave him some coffee and he gave me some cigars. It was the only trade I have made. Anyway he said since I worked for a coffee manufacturer he might have some others that would be interested in trading. I told him no thanks, that I didn't want to start something that might get out of hand. It was a one time deal. He thanked me and shared that he had been approached many times for trades for goods he sold and he abstained. I hate to see good people hurt and I consider all on this forum good people. Hopefully this can be put to rest and eventually forgotten about.
  • pccpcc Posts: 12
    Bunch of pansies!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    How's everyone doing? Cigarfest! Next week!!! Woo-Woooo!!! Skweeks got a VILLA!!!
    Good to see you Mike, to my knowledge we've all been able to work this out and move forward. Hope you have a great time at Cigar Fest bro!
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Isny every day life full of stress enough? Why do we need to pull the *** into our cigar world...not sure whatbhappened and dont care...but fvck..yall been boys for to long to ket some *** fvck with that.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I wish I had a nickel for everytime I've read or witnessed forum problems between individuals and or groups. I've never seen one of them add to the overall quality of the Forum because it leaves a cancer of ill feelings that don't usually go away as much as they are swept under the rug and members tend to just walk around them afterwards. Before I retired from my career I was heavily involved in conflict resolution where disputes among employees and management seemed to always have the same type of activity. Issues were always brought up that divided each side where being able to fix it was always miles down the road because they weren't seeking resolution at all....they sought their "side" as the Holy Grail that would fix the problem. In nearly every meeting the accuracy of the charges leveled were not accurate...on both sides because each side has an agenda to tend to and wants to ensure that their feelings are considered as more important to address.

So how to "fix" what is broken....who is willing to compromise and at the very least address those issues that divide and give the other side a means to which they can agree that perceptions can be at the core of differences and once one side has introduced "their" side accuracy tends to suffer because we use our own perceptions and emotions to gain accuracy which in fact is not the case. Emotions will cause more problems than the issue itself because our emotions don't see facts as facts....emotion sees a fulfilment of how we "feel" about the issue and we tend to want to feel better based on how we feel and once emotion takes over then practicality of fact takes a back seat. We see sarcasm online as something esp. with such a variety of personalities and interpretation flies out the window so instead of the dealing with the "real" facts we tend to judge expression and perception. At the end of the day what is it we seek....resolution or to prove to others we're right....try to spend that currency anywhere and you'll not gain a thing except to carry that disagreement around with you....and then you have to feed it every day to keep it fresh and in the end it was for nothing as you don't have any net gain from it. JMHO here.