Home General Discussion

Cigars in Thailand

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
Greetings from freaking Thailand!!

I just got done working 1700 miles from home from August 1st till Nov !st 7 days a week 12 hours a day with 2 weeks off and decided that the wife and I should head to thailand. Been here for 3 weeks and now its time to go home. When I was packing for this trip I had a herfador packed with some of my favorites but as I headed to the airport I realized I left them at home. Damn I thought, oh well, I can just stop at a cigar store in thailand and pick some up. Nope. Couldn't have been more wrong. There are no cigars in thailand and when you ask for them people look at you like you have three eyes. So, after week 2 in paradise I was desperate and bought a pack of swishers for 10 bucks (I think I am going to hell for that one, the cigar hell with people who mooch a stick to smoke it for 5 mins and then smash it in the ashtray).

Needless to say, once I get home on Tuesday after my 26hr flight from bkk to Tokyo to MSP I am going to endulge in a real cigar. I have 26 hours to decide which one.

Other than that, Thailand was awesome, I just bought a rough ruby the size of a hockey puck for under 20 USD.

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I would have tried ordering some from Ccom...they might have been able to send you some to your hotel....it was worth a shot before I'd smoke a @#$@# Swisher.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Glad you had a lot of fun though, Goldy! Did you go to a massage parlor ;)? As for a cigar - get a Camacho Liberty 2005 - I smoked one a few nights ago and must say it is THE BEST Camacho cigar I have had... And probably one of the best cigars ever... Anyway - I hope we can get our package exchange going again once you are done with the crazyness... Cheers!
  • KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    I was in Thailand for a training exercise in 08. Alot of the go-go clubs had cigars, but they were of a quality worse than swishers, so you didn't miss much.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Kamelyon:
    I was in Thailand for a training exercise in 08. Alot of the go-go clubs had cigars, but they were of a quality worse than swishers, so you didn't miss much.

And no tellin' where they store them !!! ;)
    After hearing some particular stories, I really don't want to know. lol
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait! Was that a Monica joke? LOL
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Glad you had a lot of fun though, Goldy! Did you go to a massage parlor ;)? As for a cigar - get a Camacho Liberty 2005 - I smoked one a few nights ago and must say it is THE BEST Camacho cigar I have had... And probably one of the best cigars ever... Anyway - I hope we can get our package exchange going again once you are done with the crazyness... Cheers!

Ha, I got a one hour thai massage at a womens prison for 4.50.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    Renaissance_Man:

..... And why were you at a womens prison ? Meeting up with someone you met online. Don't date people you meet online, they never post their actual picture.
    kaspera79:
    Goldy:
    Renaissance_Man:

..... And why were you at a womens prison ? Meeting up with someone you met online. Don't date people you meet online, they never post there actual picture.
    ...or know how to us "there", "their", or "they're" correctly. ;)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    You have a PM Patrick..
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    as part of their rehab program they are allowed to give massages and keep part of the money for when they get out.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Best bet for cigar in Thailand is at the airport.  We found some habanos on layover in Narita on the way there.  Kind of pricy but something fun while lounging in Puket.  We also found some in a large mall in Bangkok, but suspected they were fakes of bad quality.  Glad you had a good trip. The Thai massages are the best, never heard of the womens prison though...hahaha