Home Non Cigar Related

Ovarian cancer and talcum powder.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
My wife went through the cancer and had the operation just recently. Of course she will have to be checked regularly to make sure it does not come back.

Evidently there is a Class Action Lawsuit against the talcum powder maker. You can research it on the internet to find out which one.

Posting this because I think it is important for women to know. It just concerns women, at this point.

From http://golombhonik.com/defective-products/johnson-johnson-talcum-powder-ovarian-cancer-lawsuits.html

"Talcum powder is a popular choice for many women who use it daily for feminine hygiene. Yet this trusted household product may be responsible for causing a serious and deadly form of ovarian cancer in thousands of women each year.

The link between Johnson & Johnson’s talcum powder and ovarian cancer dates back as early as 1971, when a study of ovarian cancer patients revealed talc particles in their ovarian tissues. Yet Johnson & Johnson and talc mining companies have argued against these findings and managed to keep their dangerous product on the shelves for 40 more years without restriction or warnings of any kind."

Comments

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard of this, but that is F'ed up.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    People and entities focused on accumulating dollars almost never care about the humans on the other end, I hope the missus is ok!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deserves a bump.