Home Cigar 101

Can I save Cigars that where miss treated??

A friend of mine gave me 8 cigars that are quality cigars but He just left them in his Humidor(which he never kept up on) without tending to them at all. Am I able to stick them in my Humidor and give them a week or so to come back from the Dryness?? Or are they just done for?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    You can revive them and this is my recommended way of doing so. Use the water pillow that came with your last cigar.com order place the sticks in a zip lock bag with the water pillow for a little while(a week or so) and then place in your humi. You just have to know that while they will be revived they'll never be quite right. Don't place final judgement on a cigar bc of what one of these 8 tasted like.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    id give it more time than that. i would go at least 2 months in tyhe humi before smoking. BUt then again i have been known for a bit of over kill.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    id give it more time than that. i would go at least 2 months in tyhe humi before smoking. BUt then again i have been known for a bit of over kill.
    No I'd agree it needs 6 weeks to 2 months. I just meant the first step, in the bag with waer pillow for a week or two then into your humi.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭