Home Ratings & Reviews

cu avana

Somewhere along the way I found a few these in my humidor. I lit one up not expecting much. 
 Its a little milder than I typically smoke. There were a few blemishes on the cigar. It felt very firm and draw was tight, a little too much. The ash is near 1 1/2 in and still going. There is a small amount of canoeing. Not too much excitement concerning flavor.
 Has anyone else tried these?

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    A long time ago. The Rouge was a decent economy milder stick. The Intenso sucked for me, too much ligero. Lots of others love it..

Actually, now that I think of it I believe the Rouge was Cuvee, not Cu Avana.
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, and your not really selling it as a must try. 
  • armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
    I hear you expendable. They became giveaways to the cigar beggars at work. 
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    I had read somewhere that these were great value smokes so I bought a few.  I recall being pretty much meh about them.  Truth is that I had completely forgotten them until I read this thread so I guess that's less than a glowing endorsement.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    armyvet said:
    I hear you expendable. They became giveaways to the cigar beggars at work. 
    They're good for this, mild enough not to turn newbies green.  Too mild for me, except I did like the Intenso / Intensus.   I wish they still made those.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain