Home Cigar 101

boxes

armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
 Since I am a newbie here I don't want to ask something dumb that has been covered before. I keep looking in the forums for a thread like this not seeing one thought I would post.
What do you do with all your empty boxes? I seem to have no imaginative use for them.
 A little switch of topic forgive me on this. A great forum! Many friendly people with great advice on excellent topics. I have been looking for a forum like this for awhile. 

Comments

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Got a bunch of them myself stashed in the closet of my man-hole.  Have no idea what I'm going to do with them, pretty cool though,hate to just throw them out.  Jim makes birdhouses with his, Brett attached some of his into a shadow box, sans lids.  
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I've seen clocks made out of the boxes, lets see if I can find the thread...

edit: Found a pic: http://s1207.photobucket.com/user/smkngolfer/media/IMG_0528.jpg.html

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I have a  bunch myself, no idea what I'm gonna do with em
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitars! Saw these at a craft fair!
  • armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
    There is a guy on Craigslist in my area that makes and sells them. I suppose I could ask if he wanted them or post them on their. I know some people collect them.
     Clocks is a cool idea. Any others have ideas besides targets for my,45 ?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a low-rent way I put two of them to use...

In the two main places I smoke, my front deck and my upstairs bedroom, I keep a cigar box for cigar butts.  Once I'm done smoking I'll place the butt(s) in the box; the ashes in the ashtray outside get dumped in the grass, w/ no stinky butts to stink the place up; up in the bedroom/cigar nook, the floor-standing Stinky can be half full of ashes after a week, and still not stink if I remember to place the butts in the box.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:

In the two main places I smoke, my front deck and my upstairs bedroom, I keep a cigar box for cigar butts.  Once I'm done smoking I'll place the butt(s) in the box; the ashes in the ashtray outside get dumped in the grass, w/ no stinky butts to stink the place up; up in the bedroom/cigar nook, the floor-standing Stinky can be half full of ashes after a week, and still not stink if I remember to place the butts in the box.
    Yep. Always put your butt in the box. That's what I always say.....
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    peter4jc said:

This is true. I've heard some say that the ashtray MUST be completely emptied or else. But you can let the ash can pile up and it doesn't stink hardly any. It's the butts that stink, not the ash. I've got an old antique crock that I keep just outside the garage for dumping butts. The garage smells just a little smokey from smoke but it's sort of a nice smell. It's not a stale smokey smell. 
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I put most of mine in a big Tupperware container with some beads. This way when I get a bunch of random stuff and don't have a box ready for my cooler I can just grab one and not have to worry about it sucking humidity out of my smokes and cooler
    Money can't buy taste
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Birdhouse seems pretty popular.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I use one for all my gear, lighters .cutters.matches etc etc, My wife uses a few to store make up and lipstick in.Oh and I keep my arts and crafts supplies in one also
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use one for all my gear, lighters .cutters.matches etc etc, My wife uses a few to store make up and lipstick in.Oh and I keep my arts and crafts supplies in one also
    One for my scripts which goes under lock and key, cellos, calculators, candy, dry boxing.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I have boxes all over the place. I used to use them in my cooler to store cigars when I had one, got one full of change, I was gifted a clock awhile back (made from a MyFather box), some have knives wrapped up and stored away.

Have heard of many putting in their garage to keep spare nuts and bolts or whatever in to keep the garage somewhat in order.

Lately the birdhouses have taken off...

seems cigar boxes can be used for anything. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are also much appreciated by fountain pen collectors. Find a forum and offer them up.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    My daughter has some nice, ornate ones in her play room for colored pencil holders, etc. Most just make their way into the woodstove believe it or not. I'm no collector.