Home Cigar 101

what cigars to smoke?>

wmaxhamwmaxham Posts: 80
iv tried a few cigars, but only being 18, i have tried only so many??
being at such a young age, i enjoy 2 things when smoking a cigar, one is the taste as the majority of you enjoy. and the other is the euphoric mood im put into with a strong...cigar. one of the best examples is a nub. if i smoke a nub without food or after another cigar, im just hit, its hard to walk and ur close to throwing up. for some reason i really enjoy that feeling? but dont get me wrong. i also enjoy a nice tasting cigar, one of the smoothest cigars iv had was the sapranos edition cigars, along with olivia series cigars, i asked the owner of tobacoo world in georgia, what is the strongest cigar u have that empowers a nub? he gave me a lancero called la flor dominica double ligero, now that was suposed to knock me on my ass. but i think because it was a lancero i had a tough time drawing smoke, as comared to the enourmous nub, but was i was told is what gives me the euphoric feeling is the ligero leaf? so double the ligero should be a punch to the face? well. it was a bit of a disapointment. so my question is. what is the big nasty that can beat out the strong nub? because untill theres a nub twice in length, its gona start taking 2 nubs to get into that state. soooo any suggestions to a cigar that can knock my socks off?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    camacho diploma.

and if you can find em, El Cobre.

if you can find lfd double ligero in a larger ring gauge then it might do the trick.
  • wmaxhamwmaxham Posts: 80
    how expensive would u say those are? and tobacco world is the largest walk in humidor in the south east. if it exists(besides cuban) its most likely there.
    now what makes a strong cigar strong?
    the ligero leafs? or the amount of smoke you draw?
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    WOW, this place is 30 minutes from the house and I didn't know about it. Largest in the SE, I will have to check it out when I get home.

I haven't had a nub yet but I do know one of the strongest cigars that I have hd and completely enjoyed was an Oliva V. The Soprano was strong but I didnt enjoy the flavor.
  • wmaxhamwmaxham Posts: 80
    lol. place is a beauty!
    prices are fair.
    selection is imacable!
    and i have a V and O on hand.
    iv smoked the V but i finaly gothold of there largest torpedo size.

and a Nub is quite the beauty! short n stout lil bugger that lasts about an hour or so. i like the camroom best, then conneticut, habana isnt really my cup o tea.
    wmaxham:
    how expensive would u say those are? and tobacco world is the largest walk in humidor in the south east. if it exists(besides cuban) its most likely there. now what makes a strong cigar strong? the ligero leafs? or the amount of smoke you draw?
    the strength depends on many things. Ligero is one of them, but a host of other things can influence it. this may help a bit:
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/6023.aspx
    im sorry i forgot to say about the cost.... the camacho diploma right now sells for $8.30 on cigar.com
  • sackermasackerma Posts: 45
    a well kept vintage 92 Rp is pretty tasty... hey anyone know about the casa fuentes from las vegas, my buddies swear they're the best but i havent tried one theyre only from vegas and well, i cant just fly there and back for a box of sticks... anyone know?
  • CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    camacho diploma.

and if you can find em, El Cobre.

if you can find lfd double ligero in a larger ring gauge then it might do the trick.
    I will second both these! Or if you want the same blend as the Diploma in a bigger cigar, smoke the 18/22 torpedo.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    I believe the camacho 1962 is full bodied smoke and may leave a buzz....again one of my favorites
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Markbb:
    I believe the camacho 1962 is full bodied smoke and may leave a buzz....again one of my favorites
    It isn't.. It's medium-bodied. But this is a wonderful, amazing cigar.. one of my favorites.
    yeah id say the 1962 is a med-full smoke. the dimplma is stronger. if you got a cigar buzz off of it then there could be a few factors.

do you usually smoke mild cigars?
    how often do you smoke cigars?
    when was the last time you ate?
  • ScionScion Posts: 20
    im 18 and havent been smoking that long myself but if i might suggest a nice large don peppin. wont knock you on your ass but good spice and a nice euphoricness to it. and affordable then you could always have a nub before or after
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    dutyje:
    Markbb:
    It isn't.. It's medium-bodied. But this is a wonderful, amazing cigar.. one of my favorites.
    Fabulous construction, too. Felt good just holding this one. A great looking stick and the beauty is more than skin deep.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    i would say buy the samplers! also since your young you might like taste try a java by drew estates other than that try every cigar you can!
  • ScionScion Posts: 20
    DiasFlak:
    try every cigar you can!
    the best advise known to man