Home General Discussion

Graycliff...worth the price???

Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone try these and what was your thoughts? Are they worth the price? I can get some at a decent price but wanted to see if its worth it.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    more specifically looking at he John Graysmith and professionale
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Money can't buy taste
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest the best one IMO is the double espresso but still isn't worth the coin...also they are known for beetle issues
    Money can't buy taste
    thank you sir
    -- Winston Churchill

-- Winston Churchill

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I clicked the agree button. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few years ago my wife and I cruised to the Bahamas and visited Graycliff while we were there. I wanted to buy some sticks for myself and another BOTL who had asked me to bring some back for him. 

To make a long story short, even in their home base store the prices were outrageous. Even more so than from other sources online. But I bought some anyway to be able to say I got them in Nassau. 

What made it even worse is that some of the sticks I sent to the guy who requested them had beetles in them. Needless to say, I don't buy Graycliff anymore...  B)

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know about the beetle issue

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Some of their sticks taste okay, none are worth the money.
    needless to say i will not be purchasing any
    -- Winston Churchill

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On sale, maybe. Msrp no way.   I have had a few over the years and we're enjoyable. All came in samplers
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I got a handful in my humi, and I've never had a problem with beetles.  Never heard that at all actually.  I agree that they are overpriced, though.  That said, if you like Connecticuts, the G2 Churchill is a great stick, and you can pick up a box for about $60.  Great conny in my humble opinion.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    No. I've had several even at half off I've bought and not that good.. But as Lee said the d espresso was pretty good.. But wayyyyy over priced.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've really liked all the ones I've tried but I wouldn't pay msrp. 
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    I've really liked all the ones I've tried but I wouldn't pay msrp. 

^^^ This, I've picked up quite a few of the different blends for around $6-7 per