Home Pipes

Spicy or peppery pipe tobacco?

Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
ive grown to love nicuragun cigars.. Peppery spicy and oily.. Any pipe tobacco out there like this?

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perique comes to mind.  It has a nice spice to it.  Blends like HH Louisiana red or Escudo.  It becomes sweet and fruity kinda when aged, but fresh is spicy.  I also get some pepper from a few virginias, but nothing like a Nicaraguan cigar.  

Have you tried blends with cigar leaf in them? C&D's Billy Bob (and purple cow?) or GL Pease has a few.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I haven't found anything with a Nicaraguan 'feel' but some of the Orientals  have a nice spice to em. I mostly smoke a lot of Eng. Virginia blends 
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is all Greek to me.. Where do I get orientals at?
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is all Greek to me.. Where do I get orientals at?

I'll put together a sampler for ya.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The world of pipe tobacco can be overwhelming.  Much like just getting into cigars. The variety is ridiculous. Not to mention different ways to pack, pipes, tamping, cleaning....

I need to get back to pipes a little. I just am not that great at keeping them lit.

I was trying to think of maybe some other tobaccos that might be like a nic cigar... maybe a rope or twist style tobacco?  They are notoriously strong and I'm sure you can find one with a spicier profile.  I don't know any in particular, but it's a place to look.  Look up Samuel Gawith Black xx

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America