Home Non Cigar Related

CCOM D&D Group

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

So my cousin told me about a website where people can host and play web browser based D&D. Im gonna look at the page later on this week (not gonna do it at work)... Would anyone here be interested in getting a group together? Maybe meet up once every couple weeks or so? We would need someone who is interested in leading the group though... Im not a good DM and would hate to lead a crap game. lol Lets see your interest! :)

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    It is a free to use site BTW. Ill have more details about it when I can actually sit down and run through it.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Id try it.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Never played but I always wanted to give it a shot.
    Sweet! Im hoping to get a total or 5 people involved including me.. 4 players and one DM. 4-5 seems a good manageable size group to run... Granted ive never done it online... Its all been in person.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Oooo may be interested
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
    Cool!!!! I forgot to look at the site in depth... its called Roll20.net. I just keep forgetting to actually see if it runs on my computer. lol its kinda old and janky. lol So looks like we have 4 including me... Now we need a GM :)
  • armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
    Being an old ad&d gamer from the late 70's and early 80's I had to check this out. Wow, talk about involved! There is a lot to understand on character movements, notes and creation before getting off the ground to gm these. Maybe join a game or 2 before a group gets going? 
     I still have 3 sets each of the original books. Gary Gygax happen to sign the players handbook for me once. I happened to sit next to him at gen con convention as a player. 
    You have autographs from the Gygax himself????
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Cool!!!! I forgot to look at the site in depth... its called Roll20.net. I just keep forgetting to actually see if it runs on my computer. lol its kinda old and janky. lol So looks like we have 4 including me... Now we need a GM :)
    Been a loooooooooooooong time, Im checkin it out
  • armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
    Yes I got a players handbook signed by him. Kinda cool to have was neat listening to how he played a character.
     I knew a guy that played a character like it was on paper. If the intelligence was low he was hilarious to watch in a tavern or a menacing monster. 
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Did you guys ever get this going?
    I think we were still waiting on a DM to lead the group. My cousin has been using the site for weekly games and he said its kinda hard to play in an online group cause of audio delays and people over talking each other. We could give it a shot and see how it works for our needs though.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ventrilo is a good voice chat system. I use to use it when I played Counter Strike during matches.