Home Cigar 101

winedor setup

It is that time of year in the high deserts in California where it gets really hot. I am planning on buying a wineador to keep my temperature lower and in control. I would like to hear the cigar community opinions on what winedors you recommend and what I can use for trays or stick with plastic dishes. I appreciate any help

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody says to get a thermoelectric and not a unit with a compressor. Search the forum for wineador and you'll find a lot more useful info than I can give you. 
    If it is 85 in your house, as you stated in the other thread, you may have problems. These things are meant to run with an average temp around 70-75. Maybe the thermoelectric vs. compressor debate would be different in your situation. I don't know.
    Freeze your cigars for a week and hopefully you won't have any problems. Good luck.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could help but I have no experience in this area. I've considered buying one but, in my case it would be a perk and not a necessity. 
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Go to Amazon and search for wine cooler hunidor. They have ready made kits. Looked for a buddy today and the are 350-400 with a couple drawers and some shelves. Get plenty of beads (eBay) or kitty litter. You are all set then. You can find a cheaper thermo electric wine cooler and order shelves but this is the most likely cheaper (pending unit) and def faster way all in I believe. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a wine cooler at the thrift store today. Big,new,  half the size of a regular fridge but it was compresser run. $30 but I passed it up.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For $30 I would have jumped on it, regardless. I never have heard why thermoelectric is better than a compressor for cigars, but I know beer wouldn't care.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have a lot more fluctuations with a compressor style than a thermoelectric. It is almost impossible to keep these stable enough for cigars. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!