Home General Discussion

Mobile Website

I think that it would be very nice for us mobile web users like myself to have a mobile version of cigar.com. With all the iphones and blackberries out there nowadays, I think it would be beneficial no ccom too. Anyone else feel the same? That's just my two cents.

Comments

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I can help CCOM develop a mobile version of the site if needed... It is not as easy as it seems... anyway - peace out and happy Thanksgiving all!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    i actually visit ccom on my mobile, no prob. sure it's a little clumsy but that's expected
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I actually brought up this same point when I first joined up. Per the responses there, I started using the Opera browser in my BB, and love it. I have no accessibility issues, and actually prefer the normal site, in comparison to most mobile-version sites I've seen and used.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • I have Jack which I just upgraded to the new Windows Phone OS, I would not change a thing about how CCOM works or displays on there now.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am typing from my Blackberry right now using Opera Mini which is free. I have a new beta version which has issues but it works great. I sometimes have difficulty getting to my inbox but that is all.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    A mobile website, besides making it easier to navigate on the website, will increase the speed dramatically on your devices... :)...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    A mobile website, besides making it easier to navigate on the website, will increase the speed dramatically on your devices... :)...
    Amigo... I have T(urd)-Mobile with a BB Pearl Flip - about the slowest mobile net setup I can get - and it's perfectly fast for me. I click, and there it goes, without fail. I browse the forums, I read the Cigar list.. I've even bought from my phone.

Every single site I've seen that's produced a mobile version has irritated me. I dO recognize that that is just me, however. If Ccom dOes go with a mobile site, I am only against it being the mandatory version to use on a phone (like it is with a lot of other sites).

Just my .02
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    My samsung delve isn't compatible with any browsers other than the default one. The site is slow as hell for me. I'm not sure if it would really help that much, but I wouldn't mind a bit more speed.