Home Ratings & Reviews

San Cristobal?

youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
I picked up a couple San Cristobal Elegancia toros recently and I fired one up today. What a great smoke! 

I have been on a maduro kick recently and have been slacking on my Connie game. 

Anyone else have the same feelings on this stick? I was pleasantly surprised.
ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico

Best Answers

Answers

• youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you're looking to try a new Connie, I would say the Elegancia is a good bet. 

I was picking up some toffee and cashew along with that typical Connie nutty taste. When I really let it rest between puffs for 90 seconds or so, the flavor was cool and almost floral, but that sweet nuttiness was always there. Great balance.
    Construction was really spot on and burn was excellent.

I would say definitely box worthy as a morning coffee smoke. I'm glad I'm not the only one who digs 'em.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always pick up that floral note above everything else. To me it's almost citrus and a think of lime or something. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Will not smokes nc because of the name but the cc's are good
    Money can't buy taste
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Good citrus tang on the Elegancia. I have some Revelation I'm excited to try 
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Not sure I understand
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    I got some elegancias in a little while back and tried it for the first time. WOW was I surprised! I really love that smoke. Im hoping the other SC's I picked up are just as good.
  • armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
     I discovered these with a cigar buddy. I get the floral note too and some nutt flavor just not sure if its cashew. Excellent cigar a must have. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Not sure I understand
    Maybe he's loyal to the Cuban original. (The cc's?)
    Maybe he'll explain it in detail.
    I don't understand his objections either.   
    There's plenty of name games being played.
    It won't stop me from enjoying a great non-Cuban cigar. (nc)
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/comment/639888/#Comment_639888

I just realized that most of my reviews had individual titles in the comments listing the cigar name which makes it very difficult to search the thread for the specific review if I never mention it again.

#newforumproblems
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PIMP
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Not sure I understand
    I get it. I tried an NC version last year and thought it was okay but not one of the top-tier Pepins like MF. This year I tried a San Cristobal de la Habana (no, Mr. snooping FBI man, I wasn't here in the States, no sirree bob, someone gave it to me when a boat I was on was in international waters. Yeah, that's the ticket.) for my birthday. It was quite possibly the best cigar I've ever had.