Home Cigar 101

small bumps in outer leaf of cigar?

I bought a box of cigars, medium price range.  A quarter of the cigars outer leaf wrappers have very small bumps evenly covering them.  Once the cigar burns these bumps are seen as little white balls in the ash.  Is this harmless or are they bad cigars? Thanks for your input.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It's called tooth, just part of the wrapper leaf.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    It's called tooth, just part of the wrapper leaf.
    He said it. In other words, they're perfectly fine as is.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • As both previous posters stated, this is whats referred to as "tooth" and it is actually a good thing to see on a wrapper leaf.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dbo:
    I bought a box of cigars, medium price range.  A quarter of the cigars outer leaf wrappers have very small bumps evenly covering them.  Once the cigar burns these bumps are seen as little white balls in the ash.  Is this harmless or are they bad cigars? Thanks for your input.
    I believe that tooth on wrappers is caused this way.. Tobacco that recieves more sun time causes more oil, which causes more grain on grit, which is the "tooth" you see. Some of the good examples would be Partagas and Bolivar. I like these cigars very much. These bumps are most often seen on darker wrappers, and can really be from any country. Nothing to worry about, very common.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Tobacciana Syphillitis...

Or commonly know on the streets as Herp 'Gar....

It has not been known to translate into the human bloodstream but has caused itchiness in lab rats...
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I learn something new every day here, I've been wondering what tooth was for a while. Thanks guys!