Home Ratings & Reviews

6/15 - 6/21 - Group Review - Tatuaje Tattoo

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here is our thread to post your reviews for this weeks smoke, the Tatuaje Tattoo.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect. I've got some with plenty of rest and haven't had one yet.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been cigar shopping yet but I think I might have this one. I'll be cooler-combing later tonight.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tatuaje Tattoo, Robusto, 2/5/15

This is the 2nd one of these I have smoked, the first was a toro around the 1st of march.

The aroma is a light cocoa and there is light pepper  on the cap lick.

Cut with a Xikar V, the pre-light draw is firm but not tight and the pre-light taste is a toasted cocoa. Toast to light, the first draw is mostly spice and the retro is strong, not quite eye watering but close, this settles down to mostly a spice flavor I can't really identify it kinda reminds me of hairspray.

The first ash is right about the 2nd 3rd mark and the spice has settled down with a nutty taste coming in pistachio maybe and some light cocoa.

The finial 3rd is mostly the cocoa.

I paired this with a dark roast Guatemala Antigua and this was not the best choice, I feel that the coffee overpowered the cigar.

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't grab one this week, but I think these are pretty solid, especially for the price.  I remember some spice and cocoa.  Not complex, but tasty. 

Hope there's some more reviews!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I still plan on getting one in at some point this weekend.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one of these from bert873 a few weeks back, thank you kindly, and this is the first Tattoo I've smoked.

I found it to be a great cigar for the msrp.  Sweet, with a sort of slight stone fruit flavor (I'll guess cherry), and just a touch of wood/cedar.  A bit of a tight draw w/o being too tight, and a perfect burn.  It didn't shift at all throughout the smoke, and stayed pleasant to the end.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    SleevePlz said:
    I still plan on getting one in at some point this weekend.
    Me too. If my local B&M has it in stock. 
    I am smoking one now at my local b&m. Here's my full review. I like it.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, smoked one Monday, but was at the shore and couldn't do notes. In general, I really like these especially given the price point. Maybe I'll smoke another soon and do a better review! 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill be doing mine tomorrow for father's day. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the slight mistake of drinking while I golfed and then coming home to smoke this tonight.  My flavors might be a bit off.  This will be a nice way to watch the end of the US Open though.  I am pairing with some New Belgium Skinny Dip brews.

I cut with my Xikar xi2 and light with the Xikar ex.  Initial draw was super hot and spicy, but it quickly calmed down within the first third.  I'm picking up leather and a light wood taste in the first 1/3.  It is a little harsh but that could be because I just received it yesterday and have not given it enough time to acclimate.

The second third is about the same for me.  Leather and a like wood flavor as well as some spice. Still burning very well and a solid smoke considering the price point on it.

And after finishing this stick I would second everybody's opinion on the fact that this cigar does not develop or change much throughout.  Its a very solid smoke for the price point and definitely one that I could smoke regularly but it is nothing that makes you drop everything and find more.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!