Home General Discussion

Las Calaveras 2015 and 2014

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
The 2014 is far and away a better cigar then the 2015 IMHO. I don't know if aging is the answer for the 2015. Does not have the same flavor profile and I have experience draw and burn problems with the 2015.

Anyone else?

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is too early to tell if one is better than the other. I like the 15 and I think it will age well.  Ask me again in 10 months when the 15's are the same age when the 14 are that I first had. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't formed my own opinion yet, but I'm still doing my own research. I've seen many people on instagram or twitter say they like the 2015 better though. There is no right or wrong answer, just personal preference.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    I like the 14s better. They have a stronger maduro profile that I like.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like people that like a heavier pepper profile like last year's LC better. I haven't had any issues with this year's release  but I've only had 3 of them.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried one of each. I don't remember the 2014 very much. Now about a year later, I've had the 2015 recently. I like it. I've just bought a few more singles to revisit it. 
    Of course, most of you probably already know that Crowned Heads revived the blend from 2014 in a new line called La Imperiosa. I'll revisit that old/new 2014 blend again soon.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that the 14 is a better fit for my taste, however I do enjoy the 15, just not as much.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    The la Imperiosa or what ever is the name of their next release is the 2014 blend... It's fantastic!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the 2015.  They are very different flavor profiles.  I still have half a box of the 14's that I love and am hoarding, but the 15's fit my profile better.  Have only tried 1 so far, but I think it will be a keeper for me
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I prefer the 2015.  They are very different flavor profiles.  I still have half a box of the 14's that I love and am hoarding, but the 15's fit my profile better.  Have only tried 1 so far, but I think it will be a keeper for me
    Totally agree. I thought I was the only one that thought this years was better.