Home General Discussion

Ybor City

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bought some cigars there today, the girl put some moist leaves in the bag, which seemed too moist to me. Is this common? It was fun to watch the rollers. Very interesting place.
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it a place called Long Ashes? I visit there every time I'm down there, and they always pack the bag with leaves. Did you make it to Tampa Sweethearts? Supposed to be run by Fuentes granddaughter. They had a decent selection of Fuentes. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Across the street from Long Ashes, Ybor cigars plus. Also bought some at La Herencia de Cuba. Ate at Carmines, big fun!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long you in Tampa for? Im headed to St. Pete Sunday.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We usually eat at Colombia. Good Spanish food! I've enjoyed all my visits. Wife tolerates it cause her grammar school best friend comes up from Northport, they catch up, and we stop in almost every cigar shop on the street!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long ashes is a cool place.  I wish we could've made it to Tampa sweethearts.  Ybor is a really neat place.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend the Tampa Bay Brewing Company also. Great beer and the wings are outrageous!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:
    How long you in Tampa for? Im headed to St. Pete Sunday.
    Probably headed home Sunday, spent this evening in St. Pete, ended up at Sky Bar, rooftop, disco, lots of very short dresses on very young ladies. Too much excitement for the old and feeble like me. Enjoyed it, though. ;)

Smoked one of the herencia's, was great! Paired it with 25 year old Centenario my son bought in Costa Rica, sweet!