Home General Discussion

empty boxes

How do I find out how much my empty boxes are worth??

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    You don't. They're only worth as much as you're willing to pay for them.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    you could check out Ebay. Watch some of the auctions and see what some of the boxes are going for.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware that boxes were really worth anything. My b&m has em out all the time @ $1/your choice. Maybe something really rare, or some of Gurkha's fancy chit? But how commonly does thAt stuff come up for sale?

Oh well just a little random rambling. Good luck amigo.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The only boxes I have that I would consider being "worth" anything, I probably wouldn't be able to get any money for them, but they are worth something to me. My RP Olde World box signed by Rocky, my Tatuaje House Blend box signed by Pete Johnson, and my Opus X box. Those I won't ever get rid of!
  • Unless its a very rare box it's not going to be worth much. Like Hays said, most B&Ms sell thier empty boxes for a dollar or two each.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    For some good info on some really rare cigar boxes, you might wanna check out the National Cigar Museum. here is the link to the site

"Long ashes my friends."

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My B&M sells regular boxes for $1 and wooden and fancy boxes for $2 and they donate the money to charity which I think is really cool. You can find boxes on Ebay but they just do not sell that high unless they are kind of rare or part of something that is limited. If you are wanting to sell them you would have to put a lot of them together on Ebay for your best bet. I only have a few and so far I am keeping them.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I guess I have a pretty good relationship with the owners of my local B&M's because they gave me all the boxes I could use & told me to come back for more if I ever needed them.
  • One of the B&M's here in omaha has a great policy when it comes to boxes. "If you took the last cigar, the box is yours. If you find an empty box, then it's yours." I only take boxes that are of my favorites, or that just look really cool. I have a Hemmingway box that I use as storage for my cutters and lighters.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    I guess I have a pretty good relationship with the owners of my local B&M's because they gave me all the boxes I could use & told me to come back for more if I ever needed them.
    ditto. got an opus box last time. im using it for my cutters and what not as well.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I've heard of some B&M's giving them away, and then some of them that sell them for like two dollars. The one I frequent sells them. I've only acquired two boxes in my day. One was from some Cohibas that I was given, and I broke it up for my tupperdor. The other was from a box of Nica Libres that I bought. I use it to store bands from new cigars that I try. I'm thinking of trying to get my hands on an empty box to store my cutters and stuff.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I use an Opus X box for my cutters and such. I was just at my B&M last night; they had cleared out their supply room of old boxes and were asking people to take them. I got a CAO Sopranos box, a very nice (jewlery box grade) Torano box I've never seen before, a Tempus box, and a Prensado box. They also had some marble-looking (wood but with a marbleesque contact paper on it) LFD boxes that are apparently no longer made.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    ooo speaking of Opus X boxes, whats everyones opinion on the best box? 5Vegas has some nice ones. The opus X looks nice and sturdy. Anyone got another one?
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the Gurkha boxes are amazing. I really like my Black Dragon Tubo box. I say next would be CAO and 5 Vegas boxes IMO.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Same here, I have my very first ever box purchase Alec Bradly that I use to store my cutters, lighters and stuff. Just recently had to find a larger box, it seems my collection of cutters, lighters, punches is jsut not gonna fit in the AB box...too many toys...
  • some people are buying empty boxes but not that much..