Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saga Blend # 7! Nice!
  • Options
    Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to try another one of the Olivia sticks after breakfast this morning.  Olivia master blend 3 burns great, picked up a hint of cinnamon taste. I prefer the series V over this, but I am still a super noob when it comes to cigars, just my preference at this time. 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big Happy Independence Day to everyone!
  • Options
    Rhamlin said:
    @Rhamlin I have a noobie question sir. Where would one find the cigar rest, not sure of correct word for it, you have your stick resting on? And a happy fourth to you as well sir 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Devildog1 said:
    Rhamlin said:
    @Rhamlin I have a noobie question sir. Where would one find the cigar rest, not sure of correct word for it, you have your stick resting on? And a happy fourth to you as well sir 
    @Devildog1 That would be the world famous Stogie Stand made by our very own danielzreyes.
  • Options
    L'Atelier!
    image.jpg 1022.1K
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devildog1 said:
    Had to try another one of the Olivia sticks after breakfast this morning.  Olivia master blend 3 burns great, picked up a hint of cinnamon taste. I prefer the series V over this, but I am still a super noob when it comes to cigars, just my preference at this time. 
    What until you try one of the V Melanio's !
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devildog1 said:
    What until you try one of the V Melanio's !
    Agreed, the V is a great smoke but the Melanio is just fantastic
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    La Aroma de Cuba! Mi Amor! Love this cigar!
  • Options
    Quesada 40th! Not really a morning cigar, but at work since 3 am, so it's almost lunchtime!!
  • Options
    La Duena! Great smoke!
  • Options
  • Options
    Today's breakfast stick is an Oliva G, decent Oliva prefer the V series though. The G is not pairing with my coffee very well, could be the coffee usually drink a dark espresso roast but I tried my some kind silky folgers sampler this morning that my wife got. 
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devildog1 said:
    Today's breakfast stick is an Oliva G, decent Oliva prefer the V series though. The G is not pairing with my coffee very well, could be the coffee usually drink a dark espresso roast but I tried my some kind silky folgers sampler this morning that my wife got. 
    What no scotch for breakfast? That will make that coffee taste better!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    matkn293 said:
    Devildog1 said:
    What no scotch for breakfast? That will make that coffee taste better!
    Think either one of these would work?  It sounds good but I want to stay somewhat coherent today so I can win some of that Tabor money at cards tonite. 
  • Options
    Nat Sherman 1930! Great smoke!
  • Options
    MF Le Bijou 1922! Nice!
  • Options
  • Options
    kemper74kemper74 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kemper74 said:
    That was my morning smoke too. Had to get outside before it gets unbearably hot again.
  • Options
    kemper74 said:
    That was my morning smoke too. Had to get outside before it gets unbearably hot again.
    I hear ya.  It's been in the middle to high 90's down here.  Even with the AC going, I still have to ice the humi to keep the bugs away!  It's already 86 in the shade!

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kemper74 said:
    kemper74 said:
    I hear ya.  It's been in the middle to high 90's down here.  Even with the AC going, I still have to ice the humi to keep the bugs away!  It's already 86 in the shade!

Have you thought about freezing your sticks after you get them? This will eliminate the chances of beetles hatching when it gets a too warm. There is a decent amount of info here on the forum about this.
  • Options
    I've never froze my cigars.  Afraid that any particles formed in cigar by the freeze would change the flavor profile of the stick.  I've never had beetle, but I like to keep the temp in the humidor in the upper 60's - lower 70's.  With the high temps and high humidity down here, it can be a challenge sometimes.  5 cubes of ice in 2 zip locks covered by a single layer of paper towel seems to work great.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting one in before work..
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Breakfast, coffee and a OlivaV Melanio this morning. 
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    This morning was the  My Father Flor de las Artillas.  Pretty enjoyable smoke, lots  of spice wood and leather.  The  neighbor looked over the fence to see what I was burning, so the aroma must have been appealing.