Home Cigar 101

A fresh look at cellophane/no cellophane

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here's another look at the old question of cello vs no cello:

http://robustojoe.com/tobacco/cigars/cigar-cellophane/

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent article, thank you for sharing, jlmarta
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
     Nice article. I'm a cello on guy.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cello on for me. Less damage. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    Cello on for me. Less damage. 
    Yeah, me too. Except for the CC's that don't have cellos to begin with...   B)
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cello on for me also. I save a few used cellos for the uncelloed sticks i get.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Cello for me just because of damage...I actually disagree with some of this article but it's all opinion. Aging cigars has always been a debate as well as cello on or off. But IMO three months does little for a cigar besides shipping shock. 
    Money can't buy taste
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Cello on for me also. I save a few used cellos for the un-celloed sticks i get.

This i what I do as well...
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that goes commando here?  I feel so alone, and naked.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it comes with it I leave it. Really not a preference thing.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• kemper74kemper74 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    I always remove the cello, expect for a few sticks that I feel that I might ship.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good article, I'm a cello on person.  I rotate my cigars from time to time and the cello protects them from my meaty paws.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st reaction:  "NOOO! Not the cello debate!  Again!

Read article

Good article

Similarly, I've found that in the last couple years, I usually take the cello off the coming weeks likely smokes, and leave the rest alone.  I used to always take off all the cello on arrival. 

Funny how things change.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I like the protection of a cello.

For my non-cello'd cigars I've found sticky "Labels" ordered from Kenco that I put around the foot of the cigars to not only label the cigar when I bought it, but to also protect the foot when I rummage through the humi's
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I'm a rookie so I'm just trying stuff to see what works for me...
    My b&m guy tells me to build up a collection and age them in cello then remove cello a few days before partaking in the indulgence of chosen cigars. This works for me unless I smoke too fast.  B)

So far I feel there isn't a wrong way...I've got a lot to learn.
    If there is a wrong way I will discover it because I find a way to screw everything up... at least once.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    It's all good. Cello, no cello. Long as the smoke is good, I no care.