Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Toilet measurements questiob

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
the house we bought (my current home) had a bad toilet in the garage bathroom. It finally started leaking whenever it was flushed. It's base was cracked massively when my dad installed it 15 years ago and it's finally met its end. 

Here re is my question. Do all toilets have the same measurements in regards to the drain size and the distance between the drain and the floor bolts? Is it a universal standard for toilets? Or do I have to remove the old throne and measure it out to make sure we get the right sized crapper?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're standard.

My house was built in '53 and a few years ago when I replaced the terlet, my plumber told me which brand to look for (Toyo - says he's been using them for years and never gets call-backs), but didn't specify anything about the drain or floor bolts.  He did suggest the ADA height; the higher seat is for older/handicapped people, and even though I'm 60 and not handicapped, I do like the higher throne.

Don't forget a new wax ring, and don't crank the nuts down too hard or you can crack/chip the porcelain base.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thanks for the info! 
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.